Made a deposit for a custom guitar, want to cancel and get a refund but seller is not responding.

buffakee
New Community Member

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to name the seller, but it should be known that it is a very well known and established guitar manufacturing brand in the UK. A few days ago, I made an impulse buy on a custom guitar. What that means is, that the folks over there would have to build the instrument by hand according to my unique specifications over the next 8 weeks. A few hours later, I regretted my decision, and emailed them that I wanted my order to be canceled. Keep in mind that by that point, the only email I have ever received from them was an automated "Your order has been received and is being processed". Another thing to keep in mind, is that I haven't paid the full price for the guitar, just a deposit of about %15. 

I tried to contact them on their social media (twitter has been inactive for more than 3 years, and Instagram does not allow me to message them), email, and via paypal, but no response. I can't call them as I'm oversees, and cant make international calls. The first email I sent them about my guitar was on the 5th of October (AFAIK) under their websites "Contact Us" tab, and also had not response there. PayPal recommends that I wait until the 12th until I should get paypal involved, but I'm scared that the guitar shop will start manufacturing my guitar by then, thus wasting their resources. 

Based on this information, what should be my next move? Should I wait until the 12th, or try and get in touch with someone over at PayPal. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi buffakee, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

It is tricky with custom made items. The Buyer Protection Policy will only cover you in the event that your custom made item is not received but as it is custom made we will allow additional time for the order to be made and shipped to you. Did the seller's website or email state how long it may take to make this item? 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.