Made a Purchase then seller sent a fake tracking number

dmarr35
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase and somehow he is able to create a fake tracking number it says it was delivered. In my case the tracking info says it was delivered days before I purchased it and paid for it.  here is the dispute I sent to Paypal it is still being decided the Problem is PayPal needs to give people who are being scammed a way to talk to a customer help person.

He is not only scamming but have found a way to fake tracking numbers should't that be mail fraud? There should be a faster way to report this type of person to limit the amount of people he could Scam!

he sent you this tracing number it is not legit it says delivered on April28 I just ordered it on May 4 look at the receipt I found out this is a Scam store here is his store https://www.emarplusk.com/ some hoe he found a way to steal tracing numbers and uses e bay info to sell items Please look into this no reply from e mails usps tracing that he told you 92612927005099010008094980 Order Date: Monday 04 May, 2020 Order Information - Orde[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]Qty. Products Total 1 ea. Proform iSeries 660 Crosstrainer Treadmill Motor Control Board Model Number PFTL $80.99 $80.99Sub-Total: $0.00Table Rate (Best Way): $80.99Total:

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

Netty1266
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me..where did you report them? I filled a dispute and paypal keeps denying my appeal in favor of the seller because the tracking # says it was delivered..but it wasn't delivered to my address..paypal needs to verify the address it was delivered to..Im so frustrated
Login to Me Too

I made a purchase through the same site and they did the same thing to me. I received fake a tracking # it said the purchase was delivered on April 29th and I didn't even order until May 10th. I have a dispute in. I am out $63
Login to Me Too

dmarr35
Contributor
Contributor

I use to consider PAYPAL as a good Representative of having a purchase  guaranteed good   but now I will never trust PAYPAL again they are protecting the thieves over their good customers. I did and will continue to pursue USPS as mail fraud  against him

Login to Me Too

dmarr35
Contributor
Contributor

Now that PAYPAL gave him my money the tracking number says waiting for package so when I told him I contacted the USPS all of a sudden the tracking number says nothing as far as PAYPAL  think since they don't care enough to look out after their customers I am considering talking to a Lawyer and get more people involved

Login to Me Too

dmarr35
Contributor
Contributor

I got my money back not from PayPal I filed a claim with my card I use on PayPal they investigated and returned my Money 

Login to Me Too

Netty1266
Contributor
Contributor

I'm glad you got your money back..I'm still trying to get my money back. I didnt pay with a credit card, I used my bank  

Login to Me Too

Netty1266
Contributor
Contributor
The exact thing happened to me. The seller actually sent me 3 different tracking #'s that were already used. According to FedEx the package was delivered (but not to my address) The package was sent from a medical supply company and delivered to a medical supply company(which is not my address). I filed a dispute with PayPal and my case was denied because the package was delivered ( again not to my address). I have called customer service 3 times...and all 3 times I told paypal they need to verify the address the package was delivered to because it wasn't my address. They keep telling me "someone" will call FedEx to see whats going on...paypal keeps denying my case because package was delivered....This is crazy..no one listens to me...no one actually called FedEx to verify the delivered address...help! Please!
Login to Me Too

Mightyqueenb
Contributor
Contributor

Hello dmarr35 and everyone else I'm going through it right now but I fortunately was able to find a live representative of paypal on the phone and I'm going to share the number and process with you right now cuz no this is not fair what so ever and I'm not gonna let the scammer who scammed get away with this I will get my $130 back I hope this can help everyone else in the same boat as well good luck the number is A1<REMOVED> press # enter 2 and say speak to a live representative after that you should be connected to a live paypal person please pass this info out to whoever may need it good luck p.s number is in-between letters A and B or else paypal won't allow it to be shown I found away around that

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.