MUNCH'S STORE, TOOLBOX, SALES CON, RIPP OFF

JohnGaff
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased a twelve tool toolbox from MUNCH'S STORE and after waiting four weeks carefully following the tracking number advised finally received a tiny padded envelope with a blow up plastic bag inside????!?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

cluelessinUS
Contributor
Contributor
Ah oh... it figures, yet another scam .. make photo copies of the original ad, the original invoice (at PayPal).. then all the name changes, and who finally sent you the fake “thing”.. the shipping package.. ( take pictures of the opening of package.) it took 2 months and 3 months, to get a resolution (with 2 other such companies). It’s just so sad! This one was : Yumhan and Sherrington, as well as Munch’s.. I wonder what I might get for the “blowup cot” -oh no!!
Login to Me Too

fuentesj
Contributor
Contributor
Got mine yesterday. Blow up wedge. I didnt recieve my tool box with tools and was inn process of disputing with paypal and they sent me this. Thought company was legit cznt find website any more is it up still. Munch is ripping people off for sure if you got the same wrong item as me.
Login to Me Too

cluelessinUS
Contributor
Contributor
Got my little “blow up” piece of material- tiny unpadded Chinese shipped.... supposed to be a 50 pound electric pump/ folding- inflatable queen sized mattress with fold ing frame, and carrying case... Munch’s Store turned into Yuhan ( got the payment).. Sherrin- was their new (link) “seller”, -Munch’s is nowhere to be found. Item on Munch’s was $29.99 -free shipping from California; Sherrin - same item - $19.99- +$9.99 S&H ( also from USA)- Just an FYI for others, to avoid these scams. Like they say “if it seems to good to be true- then it is”... stay vigilant with PayPal.. don’t let communication lapse, ( they close the case).. follow their directions.. Document everything about your purchase, all communications- item you are supposed to get, then pics of item that you received- and the label from that package. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

tkchan007
Contributor
Contributor

what gets me is that I opened a dispute with Paypal.  Followed through and they even send me a return address (in Hong Kong).  The package was 'attempted' to be deliver and then been bounced back and now it's going between NY and CA back and forth for a while now.  All the while Paypal does absolutely nothing at all.  At this point the money really isn't the point but Paypal still allowing this company to use Paypal as a form of payment is just disgusting and doing a disservice to their end users.

Login to Me Too

cluelessinUS
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly.. I refuse to pay good money after bad (this time) .. not shipping my return.. (another $60 to $100. For shipping, knowing the vendor can just say.. “We didn’t receive it”. At that point PP won’t pay us the “return on us” $30.00. The scam vendors know all of this.. yet PP keeps “facilitating” their fraud / crimes, with a pat on their back. ( I won first 2 cases- this one is not going well- so I’ll cut my losses at $29.99.) I am on fixed income and just can’t do their futile expensive “sit-ups” any more. How much was your package (shipping?) Good luck! May the truth win!
Login to Me Too

chepazzo
Contributor
Contributor

has anyone had any resolution? or do I have to just eat the $30 I spent as "Lesson Learned"?

Login to Me Too

tkchan007
Contributor
Contributor

Nope.  Only get to watch as each day pass, PP push the resolution date further back.  It's insanity really.  The funniest I think is when the rep tells me that these vendors havent have any claims against them for PP to open a fraud investigation against them.

Login to Me Too

cluelessinUS
Contributor
Contributor
Mine was refunded. I took SS of each of these complaints against Munch’s / YunHan; Sheridan.. attached to my “chat” with PP CS... to prove pattern, I made a complaint with IC-3 ( FBI Cyber crimes unit, & also with the FTC. ( I did not attempt to send item back- due to complaints that it would be denied as having been received- plus astronomical cost to send. ) PP says you don’t have to return in these cases. Stay vigilant, don’t let case close. And “document...screen shot and pictures of everything pertaining to the attempted purchase. You have to take PayPal’s “double talk, and turn it back on them, and the seller. When filing the FTC report it also is putting attention to PayPal’s practice in these cases. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

tkchan007
Contributor
Contributor

funny because when I open the case with PP, they are the one that insists that I have to send the item back to the vendor (back on 1st week of July).  The most amazing thing then follow, I watch the tracking to arrive at Hong Kong, Hong Kong delivery attempt and then next line would be 'Deliver Abroad' and the item came all the way back to the US but then it went BACK to Hong Kong.  PP said because the item has not been delivered yet, they cannot resolve the case.  When I brought up that the vendor is a clear fraud because there were so many similar complaints on the forum - they said that they are not on their fraud investigation list yet because there ain't enough ppl who complaint/file case against them.

I think my next step this week is to file on the FBI and FTC and see if that will put any pressure on PP or not.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.