Lysolgift.com scam

Ladygraybraids
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else been scammed by an online company called "Lysolgift.com"? I just had a terrible experience with them. I was searching online for affordable Lysol disinfectant products and happened upon lysolgift.com. They were selling at greatly reduced prices, which caused me to question their legitimacy. I searched online for any negative or positive information on them and found none. I then checked the Better Business Bureau's website, but did not find the company there either. Since the company required me to set up an account with them with a password and everything, and offered PayPal as a payment option, I felt fairly safe in placing an order. They indicated that a minimum purchase of $50 was needed to get free shipping. My order total was slightly over that amount. I waited several minutes, but got no confirmation email. I logged into my PayPal account, and the seller had thanked me for my order, saying they had received my "payments" (plural) and to allow 5 to 7 business days for "handing" (which was meant to be "handling", I guess). It said to go to my store account with them to get my receipt, something I've never been told before by a merchant! When I logged onto my account with them, it said my status was "payment failed". I went to my bank account, and it indicated that PayPal had already taken the payment and sent it to the merchant!!! I waited a few days to see if the company would correct my status. When they did not, I filed a complaint, then called PayPal a few days later. After hearing my story, they issued an immediate refund. I am sharing my story to warn others that this company IS NOT LEGITIMATE!!! I am so grateful to PayPal for helping me. If PayPal is not offered as a payment option, I will not purchase that item!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! Good luck to everyone.   P.S. The seller was not listed as "lysolgift", but rather an individual's name when I checked my PayPal account!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ladygraybraids 

Another of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ladygraybraids 

Another of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ladygraybraids
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! This is good advice!
Login to Me Too

Chesnutsmith82
New Community Member
I’m super **bleep**! This happened to me as well.
Login to Me Too

Thin786
Contributor
Contributor

I had a same problems, I spend 62.00 on this website and unfortunately my money is gone don’t know what to do 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.