Lysol scam

Jjlynnj1962
Contributor
Contributor
I was scammed by a company claiming to be Lysol. (cleanula.com). I paid with a new debit card but didn't sign in to my PayPal account. I am not able to file a dispute or talk to an agent because PayPal recognizes my phone number and automatically uses my account which does not show the transaction. Since the transaction is not in my account, resolution does not work. The phone number on my bank statement or no other PayPal phone number allows me to speak to an agent. It all directs to resolution center which does not have the transaction because I was not logged into PayPal when I paid. Frustrated beyond disbelief.
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Kameeki
Contributor
Contributor

I too ordered cleaning supplies today from cleanula.com.  The receipt on PayPal reads as "shoes", which it was not.  There was no way to cancel the order on the cleanula website and no contact information.  After searching the web for contact info, all I could find were complaints from people that had ordered from this website and never received their orders.  Some said they received emails stating that their order was delivered BEFORE the order date.  I checked on the "scam checkers" and they all said this site is a scam.   

Here are  my order details:Chelsea <removed> -negative $61.65 July 11, 2020 Authorization This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when Chelsea <removed> completes your order.

Ship to Susan <removed>"Address"<removed> Category Shoes Transaction ID 14Y86919EG268924D Seller info Chelsea Thomas Invoice ID 15945009756193212<removed> $61.65 Item #kce7psZLNQYUtYV1 Total $61.65Date: 2020-07-11 to 2020-07-11 I also found this on the BBB website under "Scams":   Cleanula.com preys on those individuals in need of coronavirus spray cleaners/disinfectants, specifically Lysol. They claim to offer discounts on bulk purchases of Lysol products, they also claim to be affiliated with Lysol directly. Once you place an order with them, they illegally obtain information about your previous purchases from ebay/amazon/PayPal. In a day or so, they send you a "item shipped" notification, and provide you with a tracking number from one of your previous purchases. Even though this tracking number is invalid and usually provides a delivery date from weeks or months earlier, its an actual tracking number. Because they provide you with an actual trackibg number, PayPal validates the transaction and does not do any actual investigation into the matter and they refuse to refund you your money. PayPal absolutely fails to fulfill their end of the consumer agreement, and they continue to allow this fraudulent website to function using paypal as a payment processor.

Login to Me Too

Allforme1983
New Community Member
Omg I'm so upset because I was scammed by cleanula too!!!! What can be done because I'm scared my acct will be hacked and I live paycheck to paycheck and I can not afford my rent money to be messed with!!!!! Someone help please!!!!
Login to Me Too

Peaceful1
Contributor
Contributor

Start filing : Paypal message center, Attorney General, your banks dispute transaction process. I am scammed as well by this company.

RRD Global Turnkey Solution <removed>, Plains field IN. (I think the address is a fake) 

Do you have a phone number

Login to Me Too

Peaceful1
Contributor
Contributor

The government s on to them. But we the victims need to enforce who they are scammers, fraudulent and networking hackers. They have lied to PayPal, USPS and other agencies. Now what we need to do is shut down their website, get back our money and them out of PayPal. Paypal needs to have live agents answer the phones, call back customers and I don't care if they do this out of their home, just give us a live agent. Please help

RRD Go bal Turnkey Solutions <removed>, Plains field IN is the address the USPS officials gave them. I don't think that the address is real.

Login to Me Too

Allforme1983
New Community Member
I am very concerned. I also did not sign into a PayPal acct. I used my debit card and I had a e-mail address attached, but still I do not want or need my acct attacked. What can be done by paypal to make sure I do not have money taken out of my acct by this scammers website???
Login to Me Too

Peaceful1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I have been scammed too. The USPS has word that they are scammers. Cleanula.com needs to be report to law enforcement, so that they can take down the website. They report to PayPal, à tracking number that does jot have my address on it. USPS can not legally give me the address where my order was delivered to, but they did give me the address that Kayla <removed>, or Maffey <removed> reported to USPS. It is, (I think that it is a fraud) RRD Global Turnkey Solution <removed>, plains field IN 46168. These scammers need to be reported as fraudulent, and PayPal needs to take incoming calls, call back customers and stop using the automated system. Please help to get justice going.

Login to Me Too

Peaceful1
Contributor
Contributor

Use your bank resolution center for fraudulent transactions. For some reason, PayPal is not taking calls. File however, through the message center on PayPal. These scammers need to be taken down, their website is fraudulent.

Login to Me Too

dancali99
Contributor
Contributor

I  ordered from this site on 7/8/20 and they require you to set up an account with password to check out. You cannot ever log into the account, because it says your id. password cannot be found. The welcome email i received,…(BELOW)… has a fake email to correspond with. The contact name on the domain comes back with invalid userid mailbox. that is the same contact  that was given to me by paypal when i brought up concerns. The cleanula.com and lysolus.com bounce back and forth between Phoenix and Panama City, Panama. They have not returned any correspondence and PAYPAL was absolutely no help in canceling my authorization before they released payment to
Luano <removed>. They said to wait 30 days before filing a dispute. Others I have read said they will send me a useless trinket just to create a tracking number, and claim that is what I ordered,  and delays any investigation. The domain cleanula.com was just registered on 7/4/20 after the FDA said lysol will kill coronovirus. I cannot believe I fell for this scam after being in IT for 45 years. This website was number 1 in a google search for lysol products. They will now have your email and password for who knows what next. I have reported this to the justice department fraud, and ecommerce website for international fraud investigations.

Lysol&trade

To: ME

Wed, Jul 8 at 9:04 AM

Dear Customer

We wish to welcome you to Lysol.

You are now registered with our store and have account privileges:  With your account, you can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these many services include:

Order History - View the details of orders you have completed with us.

Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.

Address Book - We can deliver your products to an address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.

Products Reviews - Share your opinions on our products with other customers.

For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: 

Sincerely,

Michael

Login to Me Too

josienyc007
Contributor
Contributor
Bank is siding with scammer. They are providing fraudulent tracking information from USPS. If you have USPS informed delivery this might help prove you didn't receive any products.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.