Lysol scam

Jjlynnj1962
Contributor
Contributor
I was scammed by a company claiming to be Lysol. (cleanula.com). I paid with a new debit card but didn't sign in to my PayPal account. I am not able to file a dispute or talk to an agent because PayPal recognizes my phone number and automatically uses my account which does not show the transaction. Since the transaction is not in my account, resolution does not work. The phone number on my bank statement or no other PayPal phone number allows me to speak to an agent. It all directs to resolution center which does not have the transaction because I was not logged into PayPal when I paid. Frustrated beyond disbelief.
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Sue09876
Contributor
Contributor

The same happened to me.  I ordered on October 8, 2020 and was provided a tracking number from USPS , that showed the items $65.14 worth of Lysol Spray's, Wipes and cleaners were delivered to my mailbox, the next day October 9 , 2020 at 2:41 pm... 
There is so much fraud going on here,  and PayPal is supporting the fraud sellers.   My card was charged 2 x .  

The USPS delivery is a fraud.  How can it be possible that an order i placed 8 pm on 10/8/2020  can be delivered 10/9/2020 at 2:41 pm ?

So this is a federal fraud case as well , involving the United States Postal Service. 

PayPal approves these fraudulent sellers, and should take the responsibility to refund us , the people who were scammed, because they know who they are, since they do address verification .  

I will never use PayPal for anything again.. I have also passed this story along to my business partners who are considering moving away from PayPal processing for their online websites. 

Shame on You , PayPal !! 

Login to Me Too

jwoolsey
Contributor
Contributor

I worked the dispute process with PayPal and they gave me a full refund.

Login to Me Too

Belle1Spike
Contributor
Contributor
We were scammed too! This Cleanula seems to have fooled more than me. I’m so frustrated that these scans are out there to take the money we don’t have. I certainly hope PayPal is going to assist.
Login to Me Too

dancali99
Contributor
Contributor

I reported my loss to Paypal on July 17th and today, the 27th, Paypal closed the case in my favor. REFUND!!!! YAAAA, thanks, Paypal. Item not received was complaint for dispute.

Login to Me Too

Pibi007
New Community Member
Thank goodness!! I saw a duplicate site called cleancate.com -
Login to Me Too

jwoolsey
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the middle trying to resolve with pay pal.  Found a site on Wed 10/7 with reasonably priced product, free shipping after $50 and they use pay pal-regretfully hit buy. Did not get an email or invoice from the 'company'. Paypal email showed an seller with an email address and chinese writing.

Paypal says to email seller but I hesitate to contact them further.  Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.