Luxypun

ngreeb
Contributor
Contributor

has anyone dealt with a company called Luxypun?

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

bakerjw
Contributor
Contributor
@lilyelgato it is not resolved yet. The PayPal telephone rep reopened the claim and supposedly attached my email from UPS that confirmed the tracking number provided to them by the Seller, Catherine Currie, was not for my address and that it was from an Amazon purchase not this Seller nor Luxypun. I don't see how PayPal will not refund me the money and I would hope take action against the seller. However, I suspect it will be too late because these type of fraudulent actors change names and accounts quickly. Get USPS to confirm the shipment is not to you and put that in your claim to PayPal. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

ngreeb
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand why Paypal doesn't shut down the accounts of this "company" when so many people have reported them as a scam site.

Login to Me Too

bakerjw
Contributor
Contributor
@ngreeb I suspect the company isn't included in the PayPal transactions. There was no mention of Luxypun in my transaction and the PayPal rep only referred to the Seller, who in my case was called Catherine Currie. There are probably thousands of fake accounts that are used until there's a claim then they switch to another one. Since the shipping info appears to be correct PayPal goes along with the Seller. I have seen similar fraud claims initiated by fake Buyers so it appears it goes both ways. I am trying to figure out how the fake Sellers get valid shipping info for each transaction that looks close enough to pass scrutiny. From what we're seeing here, they're using UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Maybe someone inside PayPal is working the scams?
Login to Me Too

Tippy91
I was told that the will have a cheap item mailed to your city and when an item is ordered, they use that tracking number to show an item was shipped. However, in my case, the tracking number was dated almost two weeks before I actually made the purchase. The seller didn't show up as Luxypun but showed as Patricia Kershaw. I hope these people can be tracked and inspired. I ordered a fan from the website but the main page showed they sell clothing.
Login to Me Too

bakerjw
Contributor
Contributor
@lilyelgato PayPal emailed me that they were processing a refund for my fraudulent transaction. I got an email from UPS about my lost package claim, except it wasn't to my address so they opened a lost package claim for the real recipient and provided his name in the email to me. I uploaded that email on a message to PayPal as additional evidence that the package with the UPS tracking number the Seller gave Paypal was fraudulent. I don't know if that motivated PayPal to issue the refund or not and I don't know if they are taking further action against the Seller, but at least I got my money back, or will soon, hopefully!
Login to Me Too

lilyelgato
Contributor
Contributor
Congratulations! My fiasco was via USPS and someone picked up the fraud package 😞 but they did give me the transcript showing the same tracking number with a completely different mailing address. Maybe that will help?
Login to Me Too

bakerjw
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, that statement from USPS could be the ticket! Scan it or take a photo of it and attach it to a message to PayPal. Reference your case ID number and tell them that it confirms that the tracking number the Seller provided PayPal was for a different address than yours. In the message center, the Virtual Agent will keep trying to answer questions and point you to the Resolution Center. Keep replying "Need more help" and it will finally ask if you want to transfer to an Agent. It took several hours for an Agent to reply to my message, but a PayPal rep did finally reply that they were issuing me a refund. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

Nicoleo216
Contributor
Contributor
I did the same thing i uploaded the email from ups telling me the address that a package with the tracking number was delivered too. I got my money back within 2 days
Login to Me Too

Tippy91
I think my issue has been resolved but I don't know if they can or will reverse the decision.
Login to Me Too

Viper78
Contributor
Contributor

Total scam...I purchased a product from them on June 22nd and the tracking provided stated that it was delivered on the same day.  I never received the product.  Called the number on the site and it was busy.  Emailed them 5x and no response.  The address listed on the site is 15 mins away from me in NY.  Tempted to drive there and knock down their door but I think it's a fake address as it shows as residential on Google.  I have since disputed the charge to PayPal...fingers crossed they will refund.  Will also be calling my bank to dispute the charge.  

This is criminal as we are in a pandemic and most of our orders are online.  These people should be ashamed of themselves!!

**bleep**!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.