Lost payment

Dbart123
Contributor
Contributor
I really need some help! I did a buy it now for an item on Ebay. After I entered my card info a read message popped up saying it didnt go through. I then checked my bank account because I only had enough in there to buy the item. After looking at my bank account the money for that item was showing and said PayPal and then the name of the seller that I purchased from. So I was thinking well maybe it's just a pending charge and in a few days it will just drop off. The item was for my car and they seller only had the one. I got my mom to purchase it on my account with her card and everything went great and seller shipped the next day. Now here we are a week later and the transaction has now posted and Ebay says call PayPal and PayPal says call Ebay. Bank says I cant dispute because I told them yes I tried to pay but it didnt go through. PayPal is saying they have no record of it on my account and they cant even find the card when searching for it by the last four numbers. I need help this is right at $300! I have my bank statement where it clearly shows PayPal took the money
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dbart123 

Did you get a email receipt with receipt ID on it? PayPal would need that number to find the transaction.

You should call the bank again and have them call PayPal and give PayPal the reference number to the transaction or something because PayPal doesn't have a record of the payment or the last four digits of the card used.

I also suggest opening a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to look into it further.

If the funds/transaction still can't be found, I'm afraid the money is gone.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Dbart123
Contributor
Contributor
No email from PayPal, no email from Ebay it's like it never happened. All I have is my bank statement that says exactly PMT to paypal *partshaw 2211 north first street and then the city state and zip code. No transaction number or nothing.
Login to Me Too

samlagman
New Community Member

What happened to your issue?

It seems that I just have the same problem as yours.  Not sure how to report it online as there is no record in PayPal. I can only see the transaction in my bank and my money has been deducted already.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.