Lost dispute even though i got straight up scammed

benjomi
Contributor
Contributor

So basically i paid 55 dollars for this product but the seller didnt give it to me. So then the day after i opened a dispute on paypal and showed proof that i paid for this product but never recived it with pictures and explained everything that happend. Even though i got straight up scammed and didnt get the product and still havent till this day i lost the dispute. It said that apparently the seller showed proof that the product was delivered even though it clearly wasnt. Does anyone know how i can possibly get my money back? i tried disputing it again but it said i cant. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@benjomi 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@benjomi 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

benjomi
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass okay i guess ill try that

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Dispute it through your credit card company. I did and I got a refund from them. If you have PayPal credit, it's really easy! If you just used your credit card connected to your PayPal, go through them. I told my CC company that PayPal Refused to back me and I told the guy to go to PayPal scams, he'd find this company. He did....and he was shocked by the number of complaints.
Login to Me Too

benjomi
Contributor
Contributor

@cdrollinitis will it work as long as i have a credit card connected to my paypal account? because i paid for this product with money i had on my paypal not credit card

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Not sure since credit wasn't used. Someone suggested mail fraud since your product came from someplace here in the US. They are using the mail to defraud people. Report it to the Postal Inspectors. Keep ALL your proof. Good luck. I think it's time both the scam company and PayPal are held accountable.
Login to Me Too

theDoan
New Community Member

Very interesting CDrollinitis.  I just assumed PayPal would have my back.  I ordered some power tools for $90

and got a cheap toy.  Because the toy had a tracking number, the Seller convinced PayPal that "item was received."

I'm very disappointed in PayPal for being complicit with this scam. I shall attempt to work with the CC company now.

BEWARE;  if the "deal" looks too good to be true, and the merchant is Chinese....it absolutely is a scam !

😫

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I ordered shoes. The ad said leather, lined, arch support. I took pictures of the plastic shoes that had no lining or arch supports at all along with an email from them that said their was misleading. I still lost! People are talking lawsuit. I can't wait.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.