Lost a dispute to a scammer!

PuppyLuver
New Community Member

I am at a loss of words. I lost a dispute to a scammer on eBay all because of stupid tracking. On October 30th @ 1:18 pm, my package was supposedly delivered to my mailbox but when I come to open it, its just amazon mail and small letters from companies. There was no package. I had ordered a special edition Nintendo Switch Tsum Tsum, complete in box and it never showed up. The USPS tracking states that the item was delivered at/inside mailbox. Okay, but there was literally no Nintendo Switch there... and even if it was delivered at my mailbox, the Nintendo Switch would not fit inside as the size of my mailbox is as big as a loaf of bread. Which leads me to believe, did they drop it off at my door step like the other times USPS has? No. We have cameras that record everything and nothing was at our porch. We even go to 1:18 pm to check the delivery footage and nothing was there either. Unbelievable. I tell the seller this the same day and told me he would check at his local post office on Monday. Monday comes around and I asked him if he received any update and he did not reply. Four days pass and just as I am about to send him another message, I check on his eBay account and see it was deactivated. This was heart dropping. I forgot to mention this at the start but I was trying to buy the item off of him on eBay. The item was $650 but I managed to bring it down to $460. When I paid through eBay, the transaction details on PayPal stated that he did not have an account with PayPal. I told him about this and I canceled my pending funds. We tried again the next day and gave me a new email to send the payment to. That too did not work. Again, I told him about it and he later said it was fixed and I could pay the money to it. I tried to pay through eBay but it was not working, so we both agreed to use PayPal directly for the transaction. This time, the payment goes through. I thought everything would be fine since I am covered by buyer protection but it turns out I lost the dispute. This is unbelievable, how did this even happen? I felt as if he made throwaway PayPal accounts since he kept telling me to pay to different emails. I went to USPS and they said the mailman delivered it already but on our footage, nothing was there. Is it pure luck that the seller got away with $460 simply because of USPS' fault? Even so, the seller did not put insurance after several times of me asking. He kept dodging the question. Also, the item was shipped as first class. Ebay customer support even said I would win if I showed the proof the support had sent me but PayPal never even asked for my input! I do not know what to do anymore, I had saved up money for this special edition switch that I wanted for a while now. This is unbelievable. I have evidence of everything, please someone help!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.