Lost a case against a seller, will I get in trouble with PP if I chargeback the transaction?

Xofttam
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

I made a purchase using Paypal and it was not as described, was totally faulty when used for Christmas, where as the description of the item said fully working. I opened a PP NAD case and PP ruled against me saying it wasn't maternally different 😪 I have since asked my bank if I could chargeback the payment and they have now agreed and they are sending me a form out in the post to fill out with the details and then they will request a chargeback. My question is. Will I get my account limited or something equally worse for doing this? I obviously don't want to get into trouble with PP but I have tried every other option to return the item for a refund to which have all failed.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Xofttam 

Paypal say this in their user agreement.

Pursue your card chargeback rights: You may pursue your chargeback rights with your card company or card issuer (if they apply), but if you do so at the same time as pursuing the resolution of your problem (whether through a claim or dispute) under PayPal Buyer Protection or if you seek a double recovery, PayPal may close your dispute or claim and/or hold you liable for the amount you have been reimbursed under PayPal Buyer Protection, and you will have to rely solely on your chargeback rights.

So as long as you don't try and claim from paypal AND your card issuer at the same time trying to get 2 refunds then you are ok.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Xofttam 

Paypal say this in their user agreement.

Pursue your card chargeback rights: You may pursue your chargeback rights with your card company or card issuer (if they apply), but if you do so at the same time as pursuing the resolution of your problem (whether through a claim or dispute) under PayPal Buyer Protection or if you seek a double recovery, PayPal may close your dispute or claim and/or hold you liable for the amount you have been reimbursed under PayPal Buyer Protection, and you will have to rely solely on your chargeback rights.

So as long as you don't try and claim from paypal AND your card issuer at the same time trying to get 2 refunds then you are ok.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Xofttam
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your reply, it was most helpful to me! 👍

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.