Lost PayPal account after honest mistake due to my illness

LiLLotus
New Community Member

First off I have dementia symptoms from toxic mold exposure and Lyme Disease, but here is what happened in a nutshell. I was selling a Monopoly board game to a mom for her little daughter and at the time I didn’t have money for shipping. In fact my whole family (me, mom and boyfriend) had litterally zero money for a week. I wanted to get game to child in time for Christmas so after customer paid I noticed PayPal froze money because I had to open a new account due to me forgetting password (happens many times a day with dementia) so because I didn’t have money to ship or get paid I asked customer if they would send money again to my boyfriends PayPal. The reason send to him is because I remembered my chip stopped working on my cash card so I wouldn’t be able to get cash out at atm. Anyways they agreed and I shipped game. Next thing I know, PayPal puts limitation on my account. I explained and provided all emails/proofs between me and customer and explained my illness and how I have dementia on and off so I forgot that you cannot do a second transaction outside of eBay. I genuinely forgot, I just wanted to get game to child in time for holidays and needed to get paid so we could buy food. We were not getting any money for almost two weeks at that point. After giving in proof and telling the truth, PayPal banned me and closed my account. Now after they emailed me telling me how to get the 52$ out of my account and sent back to customer, it would not let me. So my poor customer has been waiting to get reimbursed since December and PayPal refuses to help. I am not even allowed to read my messages from them. I was 100% honest and am very hurt and upset that they would say to me that “I am a risk due to the nature of my business.” My business!!! I sold one board game to a mom for her child for the holidays and a tea cup last year. Yet real criminals use PayPal daily for real crimes and get away with it. Here is an honest person, myself, who has dementia symptoms and made an honest mistake but was just trying to get game to child in time for holiday and now just wants to refund the mother.

please can anyone help me.......

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.