Longtime known scammer Sportedwing

Preisely
Contributor
Contributor

Longtime known scammer that PP continues to enable and not stop.

Here are some names this company goes by:

Shenzhen Lifekawo Trading Co., Ltd.

<removed>

I was able to get my money back via PP (thank you)

However I believe PP should be doing more to prevent this and other KNOWN fraudulent companies from using their services.

This is after all what PayPal does as mediator between buyer and seller.  There have been hundreds of complains in this community for 

In my case the item was a common necessity used by seniors.  Like many fraud companies they try to set up dozens of hoops to get money back.

Sending a useless item.  Requesting you send it back to china.  Address needed to be translated by PP.  Not a know address etc.

Return Shipping Address:
<removed>, Kwai Chung Hong Kong,<removed> CN

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Preisely 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Preisely
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Kernowlass- It good to review common practices of scammers.  Yes, I believe this falls square on Paypal.  PP is in business to prevent this kind of buyer experience.  Im sure there are thousands of Chinese sellers however companies like “Shenzhen Lifekawo Trading Co., Ltd.”  “Sportedwing” “Nova” Have over 100 complaints in this PP community.  This scammer has spent a lot of time marketing and relies on that name by creating fake, review and webites.  Blocking them would be a great first step.  Next would be to block their credit card or where ever the funds go from PP.  A person can only open and close so many bank accounts.  Im sure there are dozens of other safeguards that can make fraud more difficult and less attractive for sinful scammers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.