Long story..help!

Longstory83
Contributor
Contributor

I’m looking for some advice on what to do, or at least some affirmation that I have done all I can! I sold a dress on eBay (second hand) back in March. I sent it click and collect via an Argos store. The buyer contacted me a few weeks later saying that she had not collected it in time and Argos told her it was sent back. I never received the parcel back. I called Argos and was told by them that once a click and collect parcel is collected or returned to sender they don’t keep a record of it - so I couldn’t verify what had happened to it! I called eBay next and was told that Argos had listed it as lost! I was also told that as it was neither of our faults, eBay would refund the buyer and I could keep the original payment. I was given a reference number to give the buyer and was told all she needed to do was call eBay herself to process the refund, quoting the reference number. I heard nothing until a few days ago when the buyer contacted me to say she hadn’t managed to get round to contacting eBay yet, but shouldn’t she go through Paypal instead to get her money back. I asked her to try eBay again as that way we can both keep our money but she escalated a claim against me via Paypal. I have no issue with her getting a refund as it seems Argos are to blame but not at my expense - as I would be out of pocket and without my dress! I’ve submitted all my evidence to Paypal and hope it can be resolved for both of us. Have I done all I can?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.