London Meichi Co., Ltd. Metal Tank remote control advertised on Facebook

grayfarrow
New Community Member

Stupidly I have fallen foul of a scam . I purchased a great looking METAL remote control tank, it looked huge with a guy riding on it. What eventually turned up was a tiny plastic RC tank, nothing like advertised.

Anyone else suffered at the hands of these con artists ?

Login to Me Too
81 REPLIES 81

Htown4573
Contributor
Contributor
Same scam on me
Login to Me Too

jaclynva
New Community Member

I bought 2 of the wine preservers on 10/19 and while my money was taken immediately - no shipping info, no contact from seller, no response from sellers.

I thought it was shady at the outset when I bought it the company name was different than the Facebook ad - I am normally better about this. 

However, this has taught me to never use PayPal anymore. They just don't protect you like Amex and Chase! They leave you out to dry for months. What is the point of a "secure" payment system like paypal if they dont verify that people are fraudsters??

Login to Me Too

JayJayMee
Contributor
Contributor
That’s terrible! I have to say that alarm bells did start ringing when I noticed the email address displayed on the PayPal notification was different to the address on the “view your order” email. What makes it so frustrating is that like you, I’m normally good at identifying dodgy products etc but clearly not this time! In the rush to get Xmas gifts organized I got stung. And yes, if the FB posts I’ve read are anything to go by, this “company” has been running this scam for quite some time.
Login to Me Too

Samjud
Contributor
Contributor

I to order a remote control tank and received nothing, they sent tracking that USP has said was fraudulent . I put claim in with PayPal and that is pending, I understand that this company has been scamming people using Facebook they either send a cheap item to create a tracking number or they send nothing and say the carrier is responsible to find, which appears what they did to me.  Did anyone get a settlement from these crooks 

Login to Me Too

Dwayne100
Contributor
Contributor
Absolute scumbags ripping people off hope they get what’s coming to them. Trouble is there a limited company!! I’ve a claim with PayPal ongoing and not received nothing yet, cost me $49.98 Not happy with Facebook who let these scumbags on there site.
Login to Me Too

haskell41
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I fell for it also! I recieved the tank today. A small plastic battery operated toy. Wait even the type tank advertised, let alone the size and metal one. I usually dont do this. I to was looking at a great Christmas gift for my grandson and didn't heed my own feelings about it being to good to be true.
Login to Me Too

kenwin68
New Community Member

Looks like they also have a remote controlled car that is a scam. I don't know how facebook and paypal can let this happen

with all the complaints out there. I'm waiting with a PayPay complaint as well, they say they are waiting for London Meichi to RESPOND good luck with that.

Login to Me Too

Zantewed84
Contributor
Contributor
After commenting on here and awaiting the response from PayPal I am to post back the broken item that wasn’t even the right item to China and it had to be tracked. I checked with the post office to see how much this would be and the said £10.55 apparently this is the only way to receive my refund for my $35 lamp such a joke of course I’m not posing it back lost enough money already
Login to Me Too

KHLMR
Contributor
Contributor
Pay pal knows what is doing this Scamer Riping of people and don't do nothing. They rob me $93 usd they sold me a 48in gas powered Rc boat and I receive a 10in garbage rc. Your money is not secure when you pay with Paypal.
Login to Me Too

haskell41
Contributor
Contributor
According to the internet this company is no longer in operation. Hasn't been for a while. This is the name used on the ad, but the junk I got came from another place in China. This company changes its name at least daily. I keep seeing these ads on Facebook and reporting them. But they are back even the same day with a different name. It's a big scam operation! Even if we send back the items received, I doubt they could be delivered.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.