Locked out of account

Amom7627
Contributor
Contributor
Scam!!! Do not trust paypal. I've been trying to get a hold of them for over 5 months now because I changed the cell phone number on my account and now I'm locked out. I finally got ahold of someone today using their messaging service and I believe I was scammed into opening a Coinbase account. They tried to tell me that coinbase is a verification key that they use to verify PayPal user account information. As soon as I opened a coinbase account my email, password and phone number on the account were changed and now I no longer have access to that account either. And to top it off, the rep from PayPal blocked me from their messaging site after taking over my coinbase account. Fraud. Do not open a paypal account.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amom7627 

Its a SCAM.

It would not be paypal customer services that you called it would be a FAKE number pretending to be paypal customer services.
The number shows up when you use 'google' to find paypals number.

The only way to get the REAL paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages and scrolling down past the FAQ to the 'call us' option to phone them....although as you said difficult at the moment due to covid.
If you think about it why would paypal ask you to open another companies account for any paypal issues?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Amom7627
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted PayPal through the sources they offer on their website. I chose the messaging option. Explain to me ho, if I'm logged into PayPal and I message them, it's not really them. I got scammed by contacting PayPal through PayPal. Pretty sure I reach the right people.
Login to Me Too

Amom7627
Contributor
Contributor
Also, you can't phone PayPal right now. Apparently they are the only people not working through this pandemic haha! If you are actually reading my comments, you would know that I didn't call them, I messaged them through the PayPal app. Keep explaining to me how it wasn't really Paypal that scammed me. It's fascinating 🙂 You must be one of them.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.