Limitions

BabbzMan
Contributor
Contributor
Hey PayPal community I am hoping u all can help me I sold a watch on eBay it belong to my uncle it was the first time I every been on eBay I disnt know anlbout the whole eBay and PayPal thing but I really looked the way selling on eBay working I didn't have the watch up 30 mins and people where going crazy over it I ended up selling it for less then I could had cause I needed the money for my family well the guy that bought it requested that it go thru paypal so I had to set up a PayPal account and I had done decide I was going to try to start a business. Sell on eBay so I set up a business account when I set it up I set it up with the name everyone that knows me calls me so when eBay released my founds I went to transfer the money to my back just to find out that for some reason PayPal limited my account so I got on the and submitted everything they asked me to and when the guy review it he messages me and informs me that because I signed up with pay pal using my middle name instead of my first name that rest assured no one was foing to take my money it's still mine and if in 180 days I can have my money back now because of this my power get turned off and my mother in law heard and call docs and has my kids took from me at my brothers home where I was stay with my boys till I got this took care of now my only chance my boys back with out having a year long battle with DCS. Is to have my power back on Monday morning can so one please guide me on how to fix this issue I have even agreed to transfer my money and close my PayPal account for ever and now this guy has made it where I am blocked fro calling PayPal and when I message the help ceneter my messages have went 12 and 13 hours unread and when they finally get read no one replies nothing back please PayPal community help me
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BabbzMan 

It looks like they permanently limit your account if they say 180 days to withdrawal your money. Never use fake info because you want no one to know your name, or use nickname or middle name as the first name with online financial accounts. Name has to be same as on your ID and documents. That is the mistake you made. I just hope you do not have a problem transferring to bank when 180 day comes.

Can you make a name change from your account settings? 

1. Click the Account Settings icon next to "Log out."
  2. Click on Account Owner information under "Business Profile".
  3. Click on Change at the right-hand side of the page, next to your name.
  4. Select Your name is incorrect.
  5. Click send us documents link to upload documents.

Depending on the name change you are making, you may be required to upload documentation. PayPal will update your name for you after they review the documents if you are not making one or two letter changes to your name.

Since the payment is recent, they may not let you transfer money earlier because they want to make sure money is there because buyers have 180 days to file dispute against your account so let’s hope the buyer of your watch don’t find a problem and want their money back.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BabbzMan
Contributor
Contributor
I used my middle name because that the name I have gone by my whole like that the only name people that know me know me as and the money was held by eBay for twenty one days the guy that bought the watch already filed a claim with eBay then he turn around and message me that he didn't want the money back he wanted the watch and he made such a deal about it and it was already being shipped back ro so eBay had to rush on stop it from being delivered to me so eBay made him sign a paper saying we ciuld not file another claim that he has the watch an that is it and the closed the case in my favor and as far as my name goes I did it so that that people that know me would know it was me and my bank account here in my town u used my middle name that's what everyone calls me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.