Limited no reason no warning only ever 5 charge backs in 2 years !

Laura19900
Contributor
Contributor

So my Paypal has been limited 

I ALWAYS have over £150 GBP init at one time to cover my ebay fees and in case of charge backs .

The item i sell can very from £0.99 to the max of £18.99

I have had it over 2 years only ever had 5 eBay charge backs in this time that is like 1 charge back every 4 months, you are going to get charge back when you sell cos some people want stuff for free or some people just dont like the item or read the description correctly.

I sell about £75.00 worth of goods per day.

I have never had a limitation, never had a warning. Just woke up this morning to fine it limited due to my account is high risk ?

How is this fair, how is this right and now because im self employed / ex army i have lost my sole income so thanks paypal im on my **bleep** now and cant pay my bills.

How is this fair ???

On top of this i cant appeal why ????????????

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laura19900

No one here can know the reasons why you have been limited, you would need to contact customer services for more info.

However as you are citing 'chargebacks' and not Paypal disputes then were you selling using the family / friends option to evade Paypal fees? Only that is a common reason for account limitation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Laura19900
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

No i mean like eBay charge back what ever you call them, people wanting to return an item or claiming they didn't get an item.

Paypal wont tell me, just say high risk and say that all we can help you with.

Regards

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laura19900

OK then you mean Ebay / Paypal disputes and not chargebacks.

In that case if customer services won't tell you then unfortunately no more you can do unfortunately 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Laura19900
Contributor
Contributor

How is this fair ?

This is my income after being medical discharged from the army and no long able to get a full time job due to my injury.

Do they have no heart or sole ?

Regards

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laura19900

Fair or not there is nothing we can do to help you, if they no longer want your business then your best bet is to look into another payment processor.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Laura19900
Contributor
Contributor

So what payment method can i use via ebay ?

I guessing its only paypal.

Regards

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laura19900

Allpay.net,

cash2india,

CertaPay,

Checkfree.com,

Nochex.com,

Ozpay.biz,

XOOM

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Laura19900
Contributor
Contributor
 kernowall what amazing support you have provided 😄

Can they all be connect to ebay ?   Any witch one is bases in the uk ?
Login to Me Too

elc078
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal froze my friend's account today because I merely tried to send money. I didn't even get to the page where I selected a funding source. Turns out, Paypal claims some unsearchable European law limiting money that can be received by an account per a calendar year. I haven't sent anything at all and an account on the receiving end gets frozen, i.e. only typing an e-mail address. The said account is also one that my friend uses for life tasks and additional income, meaning it had a Paypal balance in it.

Clearly, Paypal is being sketchy with handling money. When Paypal freezes an account, the balance it contains is money Paypal can float for whatever purpose. From my research, Paypal usually freezes accounts for 180 days, sometimes longer.

Your money is being held for some unexplained reason.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.