Limited for receiving Twitch tips/donations?

Kiiika
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My account has been limited duo to violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. However when I review the policy there is nothing in there that I violated. 
What my PayPal was used for is accepting donations / tips from my viewers as I stream gaming content on Twitch. I do not give any service or items in favor of the tips / donations. No one tried to refund me, - not that I have been notified. All Twitch Streamers use streamelements / streamlabs to receive donations by PayPal. This is what I have only used my PayPal for, for over 8 months. I have not been contacted by PayPal regarding this before or after my limitation.  I also do not see a resolve button in my Resolution Center, just says my PayPal is permanently limited.

I tried to contact support via phone and sent 2 emails - still waiting for a reply. It's been a few weeks now. I did not violate any terms of service as I have only used my PayPal for the same exact purpose like over thousands if not millions of streamers.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Kiiika
Contributor
Contributor
Got it sorted. Didn’t get any replies from emails or no help over the phone, but a few days after DMing support on Twitter they removed the limitation!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

BuildMakeShare
Contributor
Contributor

Also a Twitch streamer, and business, and this also just happened to me. Any updates?

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hi @Kiiika and @BuildMakeShare

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with a limitation.  For this situation, I would suggest you contact us to provide additional details.  To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook and Twitter.  I hope this helps.

Thanks! MichelleW

Login to Me Too

BuildMakeShare
Contributor
Contributor

As positive and helpful as you sound @PayPalMichelleW, I already sent 2 emails (as instructed by the phone call assistant that had no idea why I was limited) to the email she gave me (6 days ago) and I was told I would receive a response within 24-72 hours (also didnt happen) so yeah, would love an explanation why I am banned via email as I used paypal asa  business and the money is locked away. GREAT support btw.. never in my life would I think this situation would happen to us, and frankly its disgusting. Especially since streamlabs/twitch demand you start with paypal. 

Login to Me Too

BuildMakeShare
Contributor
Contributor

Again, some more proof of so information and some sort of avoidance to help me solve this issue. As follows.

"Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern.

We appreciate your interest in PayPal; however, our decision to leave your account in a permanent limitation status is final.

PayPal reserves the right to limit access to any account reported to be involved in possible fraudulent or high risk behavior. In the event of a dispute, PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your PayPal balance and, if there are not sufficient funds in your PayPal balance, PayPal reserves the right to collect your debt to PayPal by any other legal means."

We have done nothing wrong and we cannot seem to get even info on what we are being punished for. This is absolutely ridiculous. Now we are reaching out to paypal social media without any progress.

Login to Me Too

RamenIB
New Community Member

dear @PayPalMichelleW 

i have called your support 5 times  i offered to show proof of anything ! 

i offered any info needed but your support guy got 1 answer "we do not want you on paypal anymore and we dont want to be ascoicated with you please remove paypal from anywhere you have it "

or so...

i tried few times to call and try get an answer of WHY did i get limited and i offered again and again to provide all the info needed and all the proof 

i also stream but on youtube please help me ! i tried emailing i tried everything and i got no help or answer

the only answer is that i broke your community guidelines and i went over them 3000 times i cant find the real reason for it

please HELP. i am streaming for about 2-3 months now with 0 profit. i dont do it only for the money but its a dream

and this is one giant stone infront of my big dream ! not to mention the money i got stuck inside this account becuase of the limitations

please HELP ME SOS

Login to Me Too
Solved

Kiiika
Contributor
Contributor
Got it sorted. Didn’t get any replies from emails or no help over the phone, but a few days after DMing support on Twitter they removed the limitation!
Login to Me Too

BuildMakeShare
Contributor
Contributor

@Kiiika guess thats my only option at this point. I was told to give it 7 days (its on day 6) so we shall see. Thanks for your help though and this at least gives us hope!

Login to Me Too

Dependapotamus
Contributor
Contributor
Sad to see that it’s 2020 and I’m going through this exact issue with paypal being attached to my twitch/donations... shame on you paypal for still not resolving this issue.. 😑
Login to Me Too

Jjinxx

same happening to me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.