Limited account

Keith19471
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to understand why my account was limited.

Would a purchase ($800) which is larger than my usual have triggered it.

There is nothing else different I have done.

Any comments appreciated.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

AsunaEclipse
Contributor
Contributor

its happening to people all over literally everything being written in right now is to do with this.. not just you even mine got limited for no reason when i was trying to buy something from steam.. i really hope they fix it soon i cant buy anything i cant even get food its sad really i have been on the phone for 3.5 hours and still no answer

Login to Me Too

Solon_Jee
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here, I bought something on ebay this morning (for $50) and two minutes after my account was limited.

I checked my activity and nothing was suspicious. 

Paypal asked me to submit a photo ID as well as information about my recent activity and receipts from supplier. Problem is, they did not advise a transaction ID number or amount (so what do you want information about?) and I have not sold anything in ages (so no suppliers here). 

It's on their side, and I'm sure it's being investigated as we speak because clearly we did not do anything wrong. I know it sucks, and some of us may have important payments to make, but in a way I am glad to see I'm not the only one. Just have to be patient, and hope this will be solved quickly for those who really need to use Paypal.

A bit of information from Paypal would not hurt though...

Login to Me Too

FriskeCrisps
Contributor
Contributor

Sadly I'm in the same boat.  I was able to send money earlier today, but now it's not working at all.  Hope it gets resolved soon

Login to Me Too

spyktec
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem now as well, with just a personal account.  I was waiting on the phone support queue for 3 hours and 40 minutes and then completely gave up in anger, so I'm guessing this is a widespread issue.

All the questions to un-restrict it are geared at Business accounts, so I can't provide that sort of information (like supplier information), because I simply don't have it, because I'm not a seller apart from an occasional eBay item that's usually old car parts that I've had lying around for years!

Hopefully gets sorted soon!  I feel your pain!  It's pretty urgent for me since I do all my auto bill payments through PayPal at the moment.

Login to Me Too

PinballWizard
Same here in Australia. Randomly limited. Can't use PayPal. And can't resolve as I don't have any suppliers to prove exist. Sounds like a wide spread issue. As the wait times in the call centre went through the roof inside on an hour. I gave up up after 2.5 hours on hold on the 3rd attempt. Very poor form from a company this large. I'm sure it's damage control and battle stations at thier end. But doesn't help me. Hopefully it will resolve itself overnight.
Login to Me Too

Keith19471
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to all those that replied to me.
Pay pal just informed me my account is no longer limited

I sent them a copy of my drivers license as proof of identity

and a copy of the receipt from my last purchase they seemed happy with that

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.