Limited account

Kayajayne
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been limited. After speaking with paypal on the phone they said they couldnt find my account on the system and to email. I have emailed 5 times over the past week and havent received anything back. My account has had no reason go be limited. They disputed 2 payment from tombola bingo and reversed the transactions so im wondering if they thought id been hacked. The issue im having is, theres nothing in the resolution centre as im permanently limited and i hasnt gave me a reason why the account was limited. I have called and emailed and i still havent got answers.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kayajayne

They don't give a reason, permanent just means permanent and you can't open another paypal account   Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kayajayne
Contributor
Contributor
Surely they have to give a reason to just hold someones money for 180 days.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kayajayne

Nope, their site, their rules. If they no longer want your business then that is their choice.

They hold funds for 180 days as that is the timescale that a buyer can open a dispute, so they hold them to refund buyers in the event of a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kayajayne
Contributor
Contributor
Thats the thing i havent had any buyers. The money in my account is what is mine i put it in from my bank. Ive not sold anything and no1 at all could open a case against me so theres no reason to hold the funds. Yes its their rules but they cant just limit a account with no reason then refuse to hand over money
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.