Limited account with money (please help)

Robert109
New Community Member

Hey, so I ran into an issue because I created a PayPal account and it was supposed to be under my parents' name due to the fact I am not 18. I messed up because I put my name which is Robert and their birth date. It was a typo because it was late at night and I was not too focused. My account is now limited because I have to show ID which I am unable to do because the birth date and names don't match up. There is $288 USD that I have earned through tons of hours of hard work. I realize I messed up but I would be really sad to see them go to waste. 

Any help is much appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Robert109

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18. PayPal asks for a birth date when you register.

While you can manage make a PayPal account with false information, discovery can result in the closing of the account and loss of the funds in it. Because minors can’t enter legal contracts and you were not allowed to have the account in the first place, you won’t have any recourse to get your money back if things go this way.

If you’re not discovered, but you are not able to Verify the account with matching banking information, the account will be subject to the sending and receiving limits. When those limits are reached, your account is locked to further use until you Verify.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.