Limited account due to the age I was when I signed up

Dijanz
Contributor
Contributor

So apparently when I signed up I was underage and now my account is limited. I have called them and they said it would be resolved shortly once I uploaded a doc and I did. Then I also emailed them and have had no response and have not been able to use my account in nearly 2 weeks. Has anyone had the same issue if so how long did it take to get resolved? They said I needed to close the account and then have it reopened. Honestly sounds like a really dumb process

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dijanz 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.

As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.
You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to open a new account however that option is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dijanz
Contributor
Contributor

Well when I signed up back in 2008 they didn’t ask for age so technically I didn’t break their rules(they even confirmed this over the phone). It’s not my fault at all they allowed this back then and have changed the rules since. I’m looking for a resolution not blame thanks 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dijanz 

If giving you the 'facts' is considered blaming you then that is your issue/problem and not mine.

The resolution is to ask c.s. to allow you to open a new account as you would not be able to use an illegally opened underage account.

Back then as you refer to it you didn't have to provide a date of birth but you still had to be over 18, so again you broke their rules in opening that underage account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.