Limited account - Paypal is a SCAM

alexgoyens
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, 

This is months now that my account is limited. 

I have relocated for 2 years now (I am from Belgium and I relocated to Dubai, UAE). I am a Paypal member for at least 7 years. 

Never before they asked me to verify my identity or to check any kind of documents. And now that I have 400+ dollars US (items sold on eBay) on my account they asked me to prove my identity and address, etc,... And I have done it!!!! After having waited for 10 DAYS or more and having done back & forth, they are telling me that they are rejecting my request (I initially did not make any request, they did) and that my account will closed. Due to the fact that I relocated I have to reopen a new account. Is it not a good joke? 

So what is it happening with my money? Am I simply donating 400USD to Paypal for their incompetency or what? I am furious!!! I have tried to contact them many times, which as difficult as contacting the President of any powerful country. 

Your help, advise or wise opinion will definitely more useful than their customer service.

Thank you

Alex

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alexgoyens

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.