Limited Account

Qotaiba
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, my account got hacked in the past and Paypal wanted a passport or something like that, but i was under 18 years old, so i got my account back and it was limited for that, but now i am 18+ years old so can i have my account back?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Qotaiba 

You would never be able to regain that account as it was opened when you were underage and was an illegal account.

You would need to check with customer services if they were happy for you to open a new account BUT you would need to add a new email address and new bank or card info as you would not be able to use anything from the old account.

HOWEVER customer services 'may' be able to remove any bank accounts or cards from the old account if you ask them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Qotaiba 

You would never be able to regain that account as it was opened when you were underage and was an illegal account.

You would need to check with customer services if they were happy for you to open a new account BUT you would need to add a new email address and new bank or card info as you would not be able to use anything from the old account.

HOWEVER customer services 'may' be able to remove any bank accounts or cards from the old account if you ask them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Qotaiba,

As @kernowlass suggested, you'll need to contact us to resolve the old account. We'll see what options we have to help get the old account resolved. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.