Limited Account, Incorrect Information From PayPal

jtagar
New Community Member

I am writing this more in the hope that PayPal will see it rather than expecting anyone to be able to provide assistance. I cannot message PayPal through the help centre anymore as I am always told that there is nobody available, yet through my other PayPal account it doesn't seem to be an issue. 

I have an account that has been limited because I have exceeded the receiving threshold and I cannot prove my address. I cannot prove my address because I no longer live there, I don't even live in that country anymore, I had to set up a new PayPal account in my new country of residence as you cannot transfer PayPal accounts across borders. When living there I received a monthly invoice for all bills all as one, PayPal won't accept invoices as proof of address and it's the only thing I have. 

I spoke to PayPal 6 months ago about this to try and get the money in my account sent to my new PayPal account and I was told there was nothing they could do because I couldn't prove my address however if I waited for 180 days the money would be free for me to move it. I have now waited that time period and recently contacted PayPal to lift the restriction and move my money. 

I was then told that PayPal wouldn't do this because the 180 day clause only applies when the account has been totally restricted for that period of time. So in essence the PayPal employee gave me the wrong information and I wasted 180 days waiting for this money. I am now in a position where I need to get hold of the money in my account more urgently and I have been trying for days to get through to PayPal through the message centre however as stated before I keep getting told there is no customer service available. 

At this point PayPal has basically stolen my money. I can't access it and I have no way of contacting them and I have no way of lifting the restrictions. PayPal have the most incompetent and infuriating systems I have ever come across and I now do not know what to do. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.