Limited Account Birth Cert Problem

Temp20220202w
Contributor
Contributor

My account has recently been limited, hijacking a badly needed €854 of money earned selling stuff on eBay. In the absence of an up to date passport or driving license I was told a birth cert and bank statement would suffice as proof of identity. I Sent both but a problem arose as while I was christened Joseph and the name on my bank statement was <removed> was registered on PayPal as Leo which I have been know on as for  58 of my 61 years so as to differentiate me from Joseph my father, Joseph my uncle, Joseph my cousin, you get the drift.

<removed> is actually on my birth cert, Thomas after my grandfather but the name Thomas never came into the equation until now as several pay pal employees have told me that <removed> does not match the Joseph L on my bank account, the <removed> of the birth cert.

A name change to Joseph on my paypal account was suggested and tried but again rejected by the <removed> and <removed>. 

A passport allows you to explain you are known as a name other than that on your birth cert. Not PayPal. Prior to all this a Garda signed document complete with photo that was accepted By AIB and Credit Union and the Garda for Garda vetting to work in schools was rejected by PayPal.

I have been two full weeks trying to get sorted and even more frustrating is the fact that someone with a very similar problem was sorted out by telephone before Christmas when he obviously talked to someone with a bit of common seNse. I understand the employees have to comply to rules but surely this is red tape gone wrong? I am not a money launderer just an out of work 61 year old trying to etch out a living Selling bits and bobs on eBay. But this now too has stopped as PayPal didn’t releasee the funds to pay the monthly eBay bill and I.m suspended.

And I can’t afford to pay for a new passport unless the PayPal money is released and even then I am told it could take as much as six to eight weeks.

Any advice would be appreciated but even better would be if someone in authority in PayPal saw this plea for a release of bad,y needed funds

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.