Limitations

yungdersy
Contributor
Contributor

my friend asked me to use my account to pay someone so i did. And now paypal limited my account and is not letting me do anything until i verify the card. but it is not my card so i can't. and they won't let me remove the card or do anything. what do i do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yungdersy 

No good deed goes unpunished.

Your account is possibly done for. Never a good idea to add someone’s card or bank to your PayPal account. Not sure why your friend can’t open their own account, it’s free to open one unless they were under age. Even if you verified the card with their paper statement or whatever...doesn’t mean PayPal will let you use the account like that. You have no choice but try to verify the card. If you need to upload a document to verify the card, instead, write a letter explaining what the situation is, pdf it, upload and hope for the best. 

Another way to have done the transaction was for your friend to request a PayPal invoice or money request from the recipient and then use the credit/debit card option to pay without a PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

yungdersy
Contributor
Contributor

am i no longer able to create a new paypal account. cuz now i cant close or remove the card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.