Limitations

Berniergaabriel
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I got an email saying that I have limitations on my account (can't pay with paypal, can't receive money, whatever), I am a bit frustrated because I do not understand why. I search on the help page and everything I read what it ways, but like, I have to give a picture with like my passport or something and then I have to write an essay about my payments and what I sell or things like that! I really do not understand I feel like I'm in school and I disagree with all of that without a reason. Please someone explain to me. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Zaeedh
Contributor
Contributor
I literally had the same message just now. I'm not a seller either so not sure how I'm supposed to provide that info.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Berniergaabriel 

Are you a business? If not...

For each of the things in the limitation PayPal is asking for but you do not have, write a letter explaining why, pdf it and upload it to the case.

Apparently, this is some glitch for non-selling accounts but go through the motions to resolve it as mentioned above.

Otherwise, typically PayPal can limit accounts if their system notices a change in your account activity and asks for more info.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Berniergaabriel
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your answer

I am not in business, I am 18 years old, I have a very very small affialiated twitch account, but I don't have any company or stuff like that yet. 

It is not that I don't have the informations asked, my problem is I do not understand what they are asking for and why. I don't have access to all of that information. I just use paypal to pay my things why do I have to write essays like I'm a business man that works with paypal... it doesn't make sense.

Login to Me Too

jeeter
Contributor
Contributor
Me to today...I made it thru the first two questions, a ID, a transaction and now it want let me enter anything on the last two questions. I hit the resolve button but nothing happens. The last two pending tasks are: Provide purchase receipt from supplier and Provide proof of fulfillment hit the resolvebutton nothing happens. SMH...
Login to Me Too

usertoo
Contributor
Contributor

NO!
With the amount of people hit with this "glitch" I doubt that is the issue at all. I wish there were a better way of contacting customer service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.