Limitations

Spencertallant
Contributor
Contributor
I have an limitation in my account due to reaching my spending limits and they asked me to verify some details, I have done that and nothing had came back? Also I need to change my account back from a business account back to a personal account but unsure how.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spencertallant 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Spencertallant
Contributor
Contributor
I have money in my account due to not being able to transfer it or remove it because of my limits, if I close the account will I lose the money?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spencertallant 

You can't close a paypal account with a positive or negative balance but yes if you could then you would have no way to access the funds later.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Spencertallant
Contributor
Contributor
Okay that’s fine, I confirmed my details like 4 days ago now and the limitations have not been lifted yet and I have had no email? WhT should I do
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spencertallant 

Due to covid everything is slower, paypal are trying to keep everything going working mainly from home with reduced staffing levels.

Dependent on type of limitation it can take up to a few weeks for it to be resolved, when they get around to your turn in the queue.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

foglez
Contributor
Contributor
I have been limited and their holding my stimulus money hostage aswell. it’s ridiculous and wrong. I’m suggesting everyone file a complaint with the FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.