Limitations

Cmorgan93
Contributor
Contributor

My account is limited again iv provided all the evidence I can and it says that I need to sort an issue with an account that isn't mine it's my friends account and I allowed her to use my card and they have now closed her account but because of this not being my account I can't sort out the limitations you put on my account I can't get through to customer service as per usual and there is money in my account which I need access to

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cmorgan93 

Ugh. This why it's important not to let anyone use your financials on their account on PayPal and yet I've observed people do this (or ask if they can on the forums, It just common sense not to for security reasons in general. And the person can get the devil in them and go to town on your expense.) but PayPal system allow it, I guess, as a test/net/trap to catch folks in the act and weed such users out. You'd think an error message would pop up and say "name don't match" and reject the card.

Unfortunately, user to user forums are unable fix this, you must persistently contact customer service until you get someone that can assist:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

Twitter: @paypalUK 

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cmorgan93 

Ugh. This why it's important not to let anyone use your financials on their account on PayPal and yet I've observed people do this (or ask if they can on the forums, It just common sense not to for security reasons in general. And the person can get the devil in them and go to town on your expense.) but PayPal system allow it, I guess, as a test/net/trap to catch folks in the act and weed such users out. You'd think an error message would pop up and say "name don't match" and reject the card.

Unfortunately, user to user forums are unable fix this, you must persistently contact customer service until you get someone that can assist:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

Twitter: @paypalUK 

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

FURIOUSANDLIVID
Contributor
Contributor

URGENT

To:          Paypal

This is the first time we have opened an account with Paypal I will admit to being absolutely and utterly disappointed, frustrated and annoyed.

1. The opening of an account is simple
  2. However, we are a registered charity in one of the most heavily regulated EU member states for the last 28 years
  3. The limitations pages are extremely difficult to navigate
  4. The links do NOT work
  5. There are NO "Contact us" pages - wonder why.
  6. We are a charity and we received a pledge from Salesforce and were charged 5% in bank charges by Paypal
  7. We have not been able to access the funds for the last 20 days!
  8. We have been sent the exact same email - which looks like a copy and past job from not more than 8 different so-called "Support Staff"
  9. We have completed the Beneficial page 6 times
  10. We uploaded the sign LOR 13 times
  11. We have searched "Google" for a contact number - and after 32 minutes trying to find the number on the website - we have rung 3 times
  12. The first time we were on hold for 19 minutes
  13. The second time we were on hold for 23 minutes
  14. The third time we were on hold for 18 minutes and still counting - as while I am typing this I am listening to the music.

Simply unbelievable!

We are reporting this to the financial regulator

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

When there are limitations on your account PayPals web site doesn't work well at all uploading documents doesn't function

and after the limitations are lifted you get a message that says "something went wrong try again later" what they are not telling you is after Limitations are lifted there is a 72 hour hold on your funds in my case 5 days if we new this in the beginning we would have used a bank or even snail mail would have been faster

Login to Me Too

markhampson1970
New Community Member

I empathise.  Paypal are now holding over £5000 they have messed up one transaction and I have money I cannot access.  Now going through money claim online for access to my funds.  As far as I'm concerned they have stolen my money.  Theft in this country is imprisonable

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Mine was $9000.00 and no explanation was given I had to upload a copy of my license, my utility bill, my bank statement, my business information and an explanation of where the money came from and what it was for, all private information I would not like to share with there affiliates or who ever they decide to give or sell my info to. I would not have provided them with the info if they were not holding my money for ransom, and after the limitations were lifted it took me five days and 8 phone calls to retrieve the funds. I'm guessing the interest they made with my money and everybody elses probably adds up to millions, What a scam. Also I've been a PayPal client for ten years and the day before the limitation was placed on my account it worked fine funny how that worked

limitation placed right after a cash deposit, my last cash deposit into PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Russel12341
New Community Member

Hey guys, I woke up one day and checked my paypal. Only to be notified that my Paypal account has been limited and that I cannot accept or send funds which is vital to me as I use paypal everyday for my business ventures. I have checked, if I could resolve it but it just shows a screen saying "You can no longer use paypal". I have money I cant access, and apparently it takes 180 days. I have done research and most people dont even receive their money after 180 days. Please help

Login to Me Too

Pogi45
That's not right, they are not supposed to blocked your account without your permission, especially there is money to your account, it's hard to contact PayPal because of this pandimic issues however they shouldn't lift us own it's own try to solve the issues which supposedly there job, I have a problem with limited account (for purchasing issues) good thing is I never have money in my PayPal account, I used my card to buy something using PayPal just not to expose my details to the sellers, you should transfer your money to your bank account immediately
Login to Me Too

ashlimarie629
New Community Member
Hello, where on the PayPal website did you upload those documents? They currently have $8,106.00 of mine held with an account limitation stating that I can no longer use Pay Pal. Thank you for any help provided.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.