Limitations

Shane20
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to link my PayPal to my South African FNB bank profile but the limitation on my account is preventing me from doing so. When I try to link my profile paypal tells me to choose a different payment method. The only other option is to add a US bank account which I don't have. I have called the limitations department and they don't care. They told me that there is no way I'm going to get my money. What can be done?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shane20 

Your account is limited so you can't take out money until you resolve your account limitation unless for some reason you can't. Were you told you can withdraw your money? Otherwise, it won't let you link or remove banks/cards to withdraw. Has PayPal emailed you telling you can withdraw? Usually when you can withdraw, you have to verify your identity first after this 180 day wait. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Shane20
Contributor
Contributor
@sharpiemarker I received an email stating that I can withdraw the funds
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shane20 

I think you need to call them back and keep calling them until you can get someone that can help you.

You tried to link using these steps?

https://www.paypal.com/za/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-withdraw-money-from-my-paypal-account-to-my-sou...

Login to Me Too

Shane20
Contributor
Contributor
@sharpiemarker Yes I have tried those steps. The problem with withdrawing is that PayPal picks up the linking as a purchase being made so I get the error message from PayPal to try a different payment method due to the limitation. I called the limitations department multiple times and the only replies they ever give is "You have to have a US bank account" which I don't have. Someone else at limitations directly just told me "That is not my problem sir, you aren't getting your money"
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shane20 

Then you will have no choice but to get a US bank account. Your account was permanently suspended due to some restricted activity or violating PayPal acceptable use policy somehow with the account. Perhaps you could see the loss of the money as a fine (fee) for doing so. Or keep calling. There is no way to get around or override this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.