Limitations on account

Bullgator58
Contributor
Contributor

Hello out there! So I sold my old Ford truck to a nice guy and he paid me via messenger which goes into my PayPal account. The money was received just fine, and I transferred a couple hundred dollars to my debit card, then I tried to send money to my landlords PayPal account for rent and, PayPal more or less froze my account, " stating that the money I received for my truck was suspicious and I need to verify some information" so I did what they asked 4 or 5 days ago and I still can't access my money!! Very frustrated because now I have a big late fee u

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bullgator58 

Please contact customer service for assistance, nothing anyone can do about account limitations in the forums:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PressingCharges
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot start my own topic so I will just ask here.

My account has been limited for 250 days. After 180 days I got an email saying that I can withdraw my money.

Guess what? I cannot do that. I called support a couple of times but they just told me at the moment they cannot give me my money. I was shocked. We are talking about $2000. Isn't it illegal to hold my money for over 180 days? Do they know that I can press charges in small claims and get even more cash? Who can I talk to about this, can someone give me an email from someone higher up in the chain of customer support. Every time I call I talk with some shi*ty low rep.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @PressngCharges,

Welcome to our Community!

Unfortunately, we cannot take any direct action on accounts or provide specific information through contacts on this platform for data protection reasons. We also do not share email addresses. You should have the option to file a complaint through the help section of your PayPal account. 

As you have received the email the funds have been released, you should have the option to withdraw. it depends on the country the account is registered which method of withdrawal is available. Do you get an error message when you try to withdraw? Do you know if your card, bank or withdrawal link up to date? 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.