Limitations keeping money

Punkieys17
Contributor
Contributor
My son had his paypal account limited after eBay mistakenly refunded 2 buyers. Ebay refunded the money but paypal limited the account so it took the money from his account.....even though that money would have more than cleared the negative balance. Eventually I had to pay by card to clear his negative balance. Despite the account now working paypal has not returned the money owed...over £1250. Calling paypal results in the same conversation with the customer service team unable to help. We've been told you cannot be transferred to talk to the limitation team...yet one did try...only to be met with an automated voice saying limitation team unable to help. Can anyone tell.me how to sue paypal for the money, how to report paypal to the financial regulator in Belgium or any other method to get the money back. In effect paypal stole the money (we can see the sum enter my son's paypal account and the be withdrawn by PayPal. It's been months of hour plus phone calls getting absolutely no where.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Punkieys17
Contributor
Contributor
For other paypal users in the UK having problems. 1 lodge a formal complaint. 2 15 days later you can call the UK financial ombudsman. 3 paypal then has some 35 days to respond.....Our experience is put a formal complaint in quickly to start the 15 day count down
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.