Limitations and refunds

parhamrick
Contributor
Contributor
Ok. I messed up. All those ads that were to good to be true. Well I purchased a generator. The website has PayPal as part of it's url. Figured PayPal was legit. At the least I could get a refund. As soon as I purchased, didn't get confirmation email. The website suddenly won't let me log in. Receipt doesn't actually say what I purchased. Can't track. The order is channeled thru 3 different websites. None of which have any info. I have snapshots of everything and PayPal on my credit card. To which all of a sudden they say there's suspicious activity and limited my account. Only thing suspicious is PayPal. Thought they were better. Has anyone EVER GOT A REFUND FROM A MERCHANT?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@parhamrick 

There are bad actors who abuse PayPal accounts, and exploiting products and services outside of its intended use. They can integrate PayPal into their websites and not put any item descriptions in the coding.

PayPal's internal security system either sensed suspicious activity and/or you reported the transaction which as a result PayPal can lock up your account for protection pending investigation.

If you have not already filed a dispute, you can do so like this:

1. Locate and click payment transaction in your PayPal account activity
  2. Click "Report a problem”. 
  3. Click “I didn't receive an item I purchased”.

Or you can also dispute it through your card issuer. See section "Dispute with us or your card issuer":

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#purchase-protection

Here's how to remove a limitation from your account:

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Under 'You account access is limited', click Go to Account Limitations.
  3. Next to each step required to remove the limitation, click Resolve and follow the steps to provide that information.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.