Likely Being Scammed by a Seller Who is based in China

theradiohero
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I recently bought some shoes on Grailed.com. After I paid for them, the seller was extremely unresponsive and the only thing he replied to was about sending more photos. The photos he e-mailed me were photos found on other listings of the same shoes (both on Ebay and Grailed), listings where the seller ended up banned and the listing deleted. I asked him for tracking and he said he shipped it but he wouldn't be able to give me the tracking number till Friday. I escalated the issue to a claim with PayPal and he ended up providing a tracking number to PayPal...from China. On Grailed he was listed in the United States. He was also banned on Grailed after our transaction for what I assume is selling fakes/shady activity. 

Has anybody experienced something similar? I'm fairly certain PayPal will side with me once I receive the item and can prove it's fake but I'm still a little worried. Any advice would be welcomed! Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@theradiohero

Did you file for non receipt of item or item received but not as described?

Because if you receive the item and paypal find in your favour then you normally only get a refund once you have sent them back to China 'trackable' to prove delivery which often is very costly.

SO if you filed for non receipt then escalate to a claim asap and hope they don't arrive before you get your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

theradiohero
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Initially I filed it as "didn't receive" but since he provided tracking I plan to change the claim to "item not described." I already escalated to a claim

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@theradiohero

Then lets hope that you get a refund 'before' the shoes arrive.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.