Lielieteelive Fraud and Paypal dispute resolution allowed the fraud by ruling against my dispute

Seekeroflight
Contributor
Contributor

I did not receive my package (an XBox One controller). I initially reported this through the resolution center as "package not received", but inadvertently changed the description of my issue when I was adding more information. So my issue is that I received a tracking number, but never received my package. I got a delivery status of delivered to my city and received by "Frank," but my specific address was not shown and there is no "Frank" in this household. Furthermore, the delivery was described as delivered to an office, but my order was residential. I contacted UPS  and they notified me that the tracking number belongs to a different company and not to the supposed seller "AlanaLukanPruetteQozblnr"(Lielietee live). Furthermore, I tried to email the seller via the email address provided on their website and it got bounced back to me. I have been scammed and requested a full refund. I relayed all of this information to PayPal, but because a tracking number was provided they ruled against me.  I have since had to go to my bank to try to get this issue resolved. This same company has been reported multiple times to Paypal.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Seekeroflight 

Hope everything is well.  Based on my own understanding is that you purchased XBox One controller however this item was never delivered in your house and that a dispute was file and closed into the seller's favor, am i right? Well i'm so sorry to hear but that does not end there as part of our Buyer Protection you are entitled to file an appeal.  So all you have to do is contact our customer service and request to open an appeal.  What's gonna happen in that appeal process is that we will be giving you ample to present new evidence that could support your appeal.  So what i may advise is to contact the shipping company to find the whereabouts of your parcel or to check if your street address is even on the address label. If the ship to address is not yours, get it in writing from the shipping company and appeal your dispute along with this evidence. Otherwise, PayPal will still rule against you even though you did not receive your item since seller provided proof of delivery. Seller can't be responsible for the security of your premises. If you were able to get hold of that document you can now contact our customer service and request for the reopening of the case.  However due to this pandemic (COVID19) that we are all experiencing right now, the only means to communicate with them is via Chat. How does it works? Customer must login to their PayPal account and go to their Message Center wherein they can find the Chat Support option in which they can interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page there is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent and, or you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. I hope i was able to assist you on this matter .Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful. please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Seekeroflight
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Teddy25,

I called UPS and they stated that the address that the package was delivered to was not my residence, but an office, and that the tracking number did not belong to Lielieteelive.  The call was recorded and it was explicitly stated by UPS that the address to which the package was delivered was not my residence, but an office and that the tracking number belonged to a different company.  The issue is that they do not provide evidence in writing to customers with the address to which packages are delivered if that address is different from the customer's address, I would assume for security reasons.  So, filing an appeal through Paypal would not work and the only way, it seems to me, is to resolve this through my bank.  This is unfortunate especially given that Lielieteelive is a fraudulent site that is taking advantage of and stealing from customers and Paypal can do nothing to stop them.

Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Seekeroflight 

Hope all is well.  Yes, for security purposes UPS will not give you the exact address where the supposed item was delivered but what you can ask from them is an email or certification stating that the tracking number is not associated in your address in which i guess is very possible for them to give because it will not violate their security protocol since its just a certification.  Now once you were able to get that you can now  appeal your dispute along with this evidence. Otherwise, PayPal will still rule against you even though you did not receive your item since seller provided proof of delivery. Seller can't be responsible for the security of your premises. Please secure that document so we can help you win the case. 

Hope i was able to assist you ans stay safe.

**** If you find my post very helpful. please enrich the community by giving me kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

RecyclingQueen
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate your supportive response - HOWEVER - PayPal is now putting the responsibility on the buyer to ask for an appeal and another business like UPS to certify that the address on the parcel for which tracking was provided was not the buyer's address.

Also - claims are STILL being settled in favor of this fraudulent seller - even when the buyer has indicated it is Lielietee and that a fake tracking number was used. My 2 claims were denied today! Again - PayPal is leaving it to the buyer to push for an appeal. How many buyers are walking away once PayPal settles against them? PayPal has a greater obligation in investigating these disputes than just checking that some random tracking number was provided.

I would like to know what PayPal is doing specifically to stop this fraudulent seller.

Login to Me Too

Seekeroflight
Contributor
Contributor
RecyclingQueen, unfortunately, you are correct, the onus is put on the buyer to resolve fraud. I have had to go through my bank to resolve this issue and they are doing a proper investigation of the fraudulent activity...it would seem to me that PayPal should be able to do the same, but unfortunately that is not the case.
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @RecyclingQueen 

Thank you your swift response. To answer your question "what PayPal is doing specifically to stop this fraudulent seller" Well, PayPal let our security team to handle or review those seller who has been subjected to numerous complaint by the buyer and once they found that this seller violated the Agreement Policy which is stipulated on the contract they have entered between them and PayPal our security team will immediately put limitation on the account wherein they can not do business using PayPal if they would settle their balances to the buyer or to PayPal.   I hope i was able to answer your question.  Stay Safe. 

**** If you find my post very helpful please enrich the community by giving me kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Seekeroflight 

Thank you for your immediate response.  I know the urgency of this issue to be resolve ASAP.  Yes, for security reason they wont give you the address as to where exactly the item was delivered but what you can ask if they can put in writing or much better if you could have the email address of UPS is to ask them if the tracking number is associated in your address.  I was able to chat with a customer whom i advise to send an email regarding that and she was able to secure the information that the tracking number given by the seller is not associated to her address and what happen is the case was reverse into her favor and was refunded back.  Hopefully that would work for you as well.  

I hope i was able to assist you. Stay safe. 

**** If you find my post very helpful please enrich the community by giving me kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

charliemccrady1
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal allowed the fraud that happened to me as well. PayPal denied my claim even though I provided a document from UPS that showed how my tracking info was for a local business. I'm losing trust in PayPal to take care of their customers. This vendor is getting so much money by their fraudulent transactions. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.