LieLieTee.live, Kilabine.com, and similar scam sites

chrisrimple
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not a PayPal employee, just an affected user with a possible solution.

Another thread reports PayPal user problems with the scam sites lielietee.live, kilabine.com, and similar:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/HELP-FRAUDULENT-WEBSITE/td-p/2072682

Purchases made from those sites and paid via PayPal receive an order confirmation via email, and later a message from PayPal with a UPS tracking number, but the number is for another (unrelated) shipment to the same city.  On investigation, the buyer discovers that they've been scammed - the website address and phone number are fake, there are no responses to emails to the seller, etc.  Filing a claim with PayPal results in PayPal requesting confirmation from UPS, which is difficult (but not impossible) to obtain - see the solution in the thread linked above.

There is another possible solution, which worked for me.  I had paid via PayPal but using a credit card.  I reported the fraud to my credit card company and, after a few days, they issued me a refund.  I don't know if they obtained it from PayPal or issued it as part of their consumer protection practices - regardless, I've got my money back, and I didn't have to go through the PayPal/UPS hassles.  If you're facing the same situation and paid by credit card, this  solution may also work for you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

gilliamkrista1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm literally having this same issue with PayPal right now. My husband and I purchased 4 FULL SIZE tires for our vehicle through lielietee.live for $166.32. We figured out that it was a scam pretty quickly when we called the customer service number and it was some random cell phone number in Canada. We opened our dispute, and conveniently, we received a tracking number. The package was sent to a neighboring town, to a business, and not to myself or my husband. UPS has confirmed that the name on the package was not ours, but could not give us the location of where it was sent due to confidentiality. And it only weighed 3 pounds. Clearly not my items that I'd ordered. PayPal has since sided with the shipper because the package said delivered. When are they going to realize this and stop siding with this seller??

I'm in the process of disputing through my bank as well. Fingers crossed that it goes through.

Login to Me Too

Susixraychic
New Community Member
I am having the same problem as well. The tracking # belongs to a package sent to a person in my same town from a completely different business. I have provided that info to PayPal from UPS and they still side with the shipper. Just a little investigation rather than just taking the shippers word and they would see what we are saying is true! I cannot shop with confidence using PayPal anymore.
Login to Me Too

gilliamkrista1
Contributor
Contributor
I was able to get the decision reversed. I contacted the shipper and attempted to get information on where the package was actually sent. And I submitted all of the emails between UPS and I to PayPal and they reversed their decision. I’d contact them ASAP. Worth a shot.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.