Let’s get this straight re: DISPUTES FOR FRAUD

ShellinSM
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been poking around this community and see that hundreds of people, like myself, were defrauded by Chinese companies. It is my impression, and I’m seeking verification, that PayPal does not protect buyers from fraud. Like myself, I see that disputes are closed finding in favor of the fraudulent companies. Is this correct?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShellinSM 

A lot are screaming fraud then coming back later to say that they have had refunds.

But you are correct paypal only gives you 'some' buyer protection and then you risk assess your own transactions.

Avoid scam China websites or Social Media ads that are full of the same.

Personally I wish paypal would just withdraw their services from China altogether but doubt they will as whilst there may be hundreds of disputes against these companies there maybe many thousands that do get their items 'eventually' and are happy with them.

Also i think a lot of disputes have been caused by the very slow shipping from China added to the covid issues.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I bought an item and didn’t realize that it was from China. They said I’d have it by May 23, then June 3. My bank issued the refund and I never got the item. Company claims that the pandemic is the cause. Tracking ended in China on May 15 and has not updated since. My new iPad came from China in less than a week and was a week early. I’m sure that they never shipped anything but I have my money back.  I rarely order from unknown companies but I made a mistake. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.