Let Down by PayPal Dispute system

HGDecals
Contributor
Contributor

I am a small seller using paypal since I set up business of custom made stickers/decals.

Recently a customer has made a dispute of not receiving the right colour decal. The invoice stated x1000 BLACK this invoice was not paid for around 2-3 weeks.

The payment was eventually received and I started work as these are a custom made item I do not start work unless there is an issue with the invoice or they do not want the item anymore.

The stickers were completed and sent off, over a week after the customer received the order they notified me they actually wanted WHITE. I offered a 40% discount on the usual order but they didn't like this so I decided to ask paypal. This turned into a dispute from the customer, 'ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED'. Long story short, PayPal have decided it's best for the customer to return x1000 decals, custom made with the customer name for a full refund. I am beyond disgusted with how this has been handled. PayPal have obviously not read my statements, I have got in contact with customer services with a reply that they think I am the buyer, PayPal obviously do not know their own terms about custom made products. And to top it all off the items sent are exactly as described on that invoice.

I do not know how to pursue this further, legal action? This IS a fraudulent claim with no evidence suggesting the item is not as described, the customer got exactly what they paid for.

Any help or advice appreciated as PayPal don't seem to care about the little guy.

Jack

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

HGDecals
Contributor
Contributor

Following up on this PayPal has granted a full refund to the buyer. I am absolutley shocked, I am out material, time and now money. I did absolutley nothing wrong, I spoke to a lady from collections department at PayPal who also could not understand this situation. It seems if a buyer decides to return an item with a false dispute as long as I recieved the item they got the money back. PayPal has not followed up to ensure I recieved the item, in good condition or even if it was the correct items. I discourage any signmakers or any sellers of custom made items to stay well away from paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.