Larry Cloth Scam

Tina102
New Community Member

So I feel incredibly stupid. I fell for a scam.  We are on a very limited budget and my son sent me a link for a camera he wanted from a site called larrycloth.com.  I noticed it looked like a clothing store and not electronics, but it was so reasonable I ordered it.  As soon as I did, I felt sick and started doing some research - it looks like a total scam.  The payment message thing on here said too late its completed - contact seller.  I feel so sick. Its $93 that I don't have to spend again if this is a scam. Anyone else deal with this site?

Login to Me Too
101 REPLIES 101

Sassylynzey
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a fishing kayak from larrycloth. The sent a tracking number well last night at 7:11 pm it was delivered. I went to my front door soon as I got the text notification 3 minutes later...no package. I called USPS they said it was delivered to another address in my town. They gave me the address which took me to they very rich neighborhood. I went up to their door knocked they were confused what I was talking bout. I explained that I ordered a gift for Christmas and tracking showed it was delivered to wrong address. I went to post office they’re running a case about it. I have read I’m not the only one that has received a shipping tracking number and package from larrycloth is delivered to wrong address. I ordered it on December 4, 2019 I went back to contact larrycloth the website is down. It was removed. Anybody else having this problem? I’m pretty sure we’re not receiving our items.
Login to Me Too

Johnnygeep
Contributor
Contributor

Cyber Monday, found a good deal and I got scammed. I felt it as soon as I hit the confirm payment button.  What I didn't expect was how PayPal has handled it, which is not at all.  I trusted them to have some sort of scam alert or prevention.  These scams are well known and well documented. Why won't they accept my claim?  I followed all their procedures.  Why do they let it continue?  I figure it's greed.  They still get their cut from the deal.  Why should they care?  Well, maybe because it's the right thing to care about your customers!  Most places that accept PayPal also accept credit cards. And, there are other, more reputable online pay services than ever.  So why should I continue using PayPal?  I won't, simple as that.  My Credit card company has given me more warning, more protection and more recourse than PayPal has even thought about.  I no longer trust PayPal to have their customers best interest in mind!  Goodbye and good riddance PayPal!

@Johnnygeep 

Login to Me Too

Stacy100
New Community Member
Me too. Scam by larrycloth. Feeling stupid. Order a table tennis using PayPal. They give me tracking# Too a few days later it said delivered. No product delivered. Called USPS and PayPal. No help...
Login to Me Too

kenfighter
Contributor
Contributor

me too, bought something on Dec 1st, shipped out on Dec 2nd with a tracking number, the tracking number shows delivered on Dec 6th, but I never received it. I then call USPS, they told me the tracking number was for another address. This is totally a scam.

Login to Me Too

Gailmarks18
Contributor
Contributor
Exact same here..ordered a makeup vanity and PayPal wants me to file a police report and is maiking it extra difficult...:(
Login to Me Too

Patricia3165
Contributor
Contributor
Same here I'm going to my bank and let them know to see if maybe they can deal with PayPal then I'm closing my PayPal account cuz obliviously they sided with scammer so I think they might be in on it since so many people are complaining about one person
Login to Me Too

WilsonFan
Contributor
Contributor

Same situation here and good advice from everyone regarding updating credit card and PayPal password info.  As they have done in the past, I fully expect PayPal to reimburse me under their purchase protection program.  It just takes a while.     

Login to Me Too

frankh24
Contributor
Contributor
Did they ever reimburse you? My claim was denied.
Login to Me Too

Stefsims01
Contributor
Contributor
Has PayPal refunded you?
Login to Me Too

Jeanettecf01
Contributor
Contributor
No they sided with him and said I need to return the product even after I showed proof from the post office and several documents that I never received the package they told me to return the package and he’ll give me the money back
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.