Larry Cloth Scam

Tina102
New Community Member

So I feel incredibly stupid. I fell for a scam.  We are on a very limited budget and my son sent me a link for a camera he wanted from a site called larrycloth.com.  I noticed it looked like a clothing store and not electronics, but it was so reasonable I ordered it.  As soon as I did, I felt sick and started doing some research - it looks like a total scam.  The payment message thing on here said too late its completed - contact seller.  I feel so sick. Its $93 that I don't have to spend again if this is a scam. Anyone else deal with this site?

Login to Me Too
101 REPLIES 101

KANO5321
Contributor
Contributor

PURCHASED RADIO OFF OF LARRYCLOTH.COM /    DEC 7 2019 /  PACKAGE SHIPPED DID NOT GO TO ME   / PACKAGE WEIGHED 1OZ  THIS IS NOT A RADIO /  HAVE CONTACTED PAYPAL AND ARE NOT ANY HELP SO WHATEVER  / LEFT ME OUT TO DRY AND NOT UPHOLDING PAYPALS POLICIES  / THEY DENIED MY CLAIM AND NOW ARE NOT EVEN ANSWERING ME / PAYPAL OR LARRYCLOTH /  I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF FROM LARRYCLOTH AND PAYPAL / ARE THEY IN ON THIS TOGETHER ?  /  

ANYWAY PAYPAL IS CRAP !!!!!!!!!   THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU UNLESS YOU ARE GIVING UP MONEY /   

NEVER USE PAYPAL FOR ANYTHING THEIR POLICIES ARE BS !!!!!!    THEY WILL HANG YOU OUT TO DRY 

PAYPAL NEEDS TO PROTECT THEIR MEMBERS , CUSTOMERS , OR SHOULD I SAY VICTIMS FROM PAYPAL AND THEIR BS POLICY THAT THEY DON'T BACK UP AT ALL                       STAY AWAY FROM LARRYCLOTH.COM AND PAYPAL   PAYPAL         

Login to Me Too

Stillrose13
Yes, exactly the same thing in every detail. And since i paid through paypal, paypal rep said i was insured. I disputed the order and now paypal wont respond.. Have letters proof from paypal, screenshots from Larry cloth, and emails from usps about wrong delivery do to larrycloth.com sending wrong tracking # to me and it looks like paypal is folding on refunding money.when i call paypal they put me on hold over the phone for so long the connection gets cut off.. With no callback may pull my account
Login to Me Too

HSI
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. I have lost faith in PayPal that it will protect me if I purchase through PayPal. I will avoid PayPal if at all possible and simply use my credit cards from now on.

Login to Me Too

Msmarsbar
Contributor
Contributor
I won my case with pay pal finally . You need to get the right person on the phone . Keep fighting these **bleep** !
Login to Me Too

mrgamaliel18
New Community Member
They did the same thing to me send me a wrong tracking number and tried to call pay pay after a declined case on resolution center and they told me that the case was on the favor of the seller because they have proff that they send the package to my address
Login to Me Too

HSI
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is not willing to protect buyers like us. While they may not care, one less customer for PayPal as I am leaving PayPal for any transactions that allows other payment options than PayPal. Traditional credit card seems to be more secure now.

Login to Me Too

Thomas-Knight
I had this exact situation with something I just bought from them at the beginning of this month. I even went to the persons house it was supposedly delivered to and they had no clue what I was talking about. Post office said it was delivered there and not to my house
Login to Me Too

Patricia3165
Contributor
Contributor
My package was sent to another part of town but the person said they didn't get it either so post office said that tracking number is wrong but PayPal had the same number??? I guess I'm out 75
Login to Me Too

Britliz9703
Contributor
Contributor

Update:  I filed a claim about a month ago with Paypal, but I also filed a claim with my credit card company since so many people were saying that their claims were denied by Paypal.  My credit card company refunded my money after a couple of weeks, so Paypal canceled the claim.  My card company did say that the refund would be pending for 60 days, but I'm not going to worry about that right now.  

I did notice that the tracking number I was given for the Larrycloth order was created more than a week before I even placed the order, so I can use that if this claim comes back up later.  The order never was delivered to whoever would be getting it on this end, but since it would be coming from China, that could take months.  

Login to Me Too

Edcase88
Contributor
Contributor
Yup, me too. Saw the deal on snow tires. Bought them, then looked back at what I had done. There is a tracking number created, and shipped so I'll see what happens. My bank is aware, I also filed a note with PayPal right away. But no response from any reach out to Larrycloth.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.