Larry Cloth Scam

Tina102
New Community Member

So I feel incredibly stupid. I fell for a scam.  We are on a very limited budget and my son sent me a link for a camera he wanted from a site called larrycloth.com.  I noticed it looked like a clothing store and not electronics, but it was so reasonable I ordered it.  As soon as I did, I felt sick and started doing some research - it looks like a total scam.  The payment message thing on here said too late its completed - contact seller.  I feel so sick. Its $93 that I don't have to spend again if this is a scam. Anyone else deal with this site?

Login to Me Too
101 REPLIES 101

Owlbunny44
Contributor
Contributor
Yes! It is 100% a scam! All you need to do is get proof from USPS that the "package" was in fact delivered to a different address and you never received it. It's like two pages long. It will show what address was on the package and where the carrier dropped the package at. Interpol I believe they called it. Attach it to your paypal dispute. If you are denied (I was at first). Call paypal and make them ensure it is attached because mine wasn't. It's a little work to do but I got my money back thankfully!
Login to Me Too

sannamraju
Contributor
Contributor

After searching on google about this web site Larry Cloth I am now sure this is a scam.

I have ordered an Electric scooter paid using PayPal and never received the product. The tracking information shows delivered in/at the mail box. I am sure this is a big item which cannot fit a small mail box. My claim is denied by pay pal and they are re-opening the claim again and I am going to USPS to get some more details to substantiate my claim

Login to Me Too

alex7271
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like godaddy took down their website...i'm sure they will come up with a new site to scam either way though.  As for paypal...you need to go to the post office and tell them the tracking number.  They will print out an intranet form showing where the package came from and where it was delivered to.  It was a 2 page form.  I emailed it to paypal and i received a refund.  I was previously denied from paypal and it was appealed once i gave them this form.   

Login to Me Too

Sslam50
Contributor
Contributor

I went through the same thing and I don’t know why the 100’s of complaints to PayPal does not make them stop supporting these Chinese scammers.  It took me weeks to finally get my money back.  Some post offices will give you the tracking report and some will not.  Mine did not the first time. I filed a mail fraud case and when I called them they told me to ask my local post office for,the detailed tracking report, which I did and after telling them that I was told to get it from them they finally gave it to me.  You have to be nice though, don’t get mad at them.  Then PayPal told me that I needed to file a claim with a gov agency before they would consider a refund.  Which I had already done.  You can do it on line.  PayPal never once made the fake seller prove it was delivered to my address even though that’s what there “purchase guarantee” says the seller must do.  Look up the purchase guarantee and what constitutes proof of delivery, it says they have to prove it was delivered to the address on the customer detail page.  I hope this helps everyone who is being scammed. And yeah, they do have other fake websites, so don’t fall for the cheap prices, it’s not worth the risk.

Login to Me Too

plaguing
Contributor
Contributor

My post office says it does not release internal documents. But they confirmed via phone that this item was not delivered to my home. What can I do now?

Login to Me Too

alex7271
Contributor
Contributor

that's ridiculous, ask to speak to the postmaster and explain that they are aiding a scammer by not giving you this form.  Paypal has mentioned that they get these forms all day everyday so the post office should provide this.

Login to Me Too

HSI
Contributor
Contributor

I was denied of my dispute case, closed in favor of the fake seller. So, I called PayPal and was asked to get a proof (e.g., from USPS) that the item was not really delivered to myself using the tracking number, and send the document to complaint-response at paypal.com. That way, PayPal can reopen and review the case again.

Above instruction must have been part of the response from PayPal so that we the victims didn't have to experience the frustration from PayPal's first decision that simply tells us "sorry, fools"

I am going to the Post Office to get the proof, and will update the thread once I have any update.

Good luck everyone!

Login to Me Too

kenfighter
Contributor
Contributor

I open a dispute from my credit card company, but it was denied, because paypal provided them the fake tracking number. The credit card company told to to contact paypal since they are the payment provide. I called paypal they told me they are only the messenger, I need to contact credit card company. WTF? This is a simply scam and two big companies, paypal and credit card have no idea how to handle it. It is so ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

SONASTEW
Same thing happened to me order on 12/6, completely forgot about it. File a case today. If I run into any issues with all the evidence it's fraud it will be proof PayPal is in on it. Looks like several complaints prior to me ordering, why did they approve?
Login to Me Too

tmc22
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, so I finally got a refund!! I went to the Post office to ask for a detailed printout of the tracking history. They confirmed that it was not sent to the correct address, but they could not give me the printout because it was not MY address. I explained the situation. The supervisor contemplated giving it to me, so I'm sure some other places might if you plead your case hard enough. After that, I called paypal and told them exactly what had just happened. At first the agent wanted me to get a copy of the detailed report with the numbers blackened out, only showing the street name of the actual shipping address. I told them that was not going to happen. I then explained that there has been a ton of users in the community complaining about this particular merchant and how we all had the same situation. He then said let me check into it, placed me on a LONG hold, and came back saying they would refund.

GOTTA BE PERSISTENT!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.