Larry Cloth Scam

Tina102
New Community Member

So I feel incredibly stupid. I fell for a scam.  We are on a very limited budget and my son sent me a link for a camera he wanted from a site called larrycloth.com.  I noticed it looked like a clothing store and not electronics, but it was so reasonable I ordered it.  As soon as I did, I felt sick and started doing some research - it looks like a total scam.  The payment message thing on here said too late its completed - contact seller.  I feel so sick. Its $93 that I don't have to spend again if this is a scam. Anyone else deal with this site?

Login to Me Too
101 REPLIES 101

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tina102 

Typical chinese Shopify site, if you scroll to the bottom. Avoid.

Locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.

Chinsee sellers are a handful to deal with in regards to canceling orders, returns and disputes. Good luck.

If you're not successful with a PayPal dispute and paid with credit card, dispute with them. Take your kid for a meal or go to a physical dept store to buy them something for the holidays. Don't have them ask you order something off the net, unless its from US shops you know. They do not know what's out here in the web, let alone you. It's a jungle.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

HSI
Contributor
Contributor

I was totally out of luck. I did not save my order information. Tracking number says it is delivered. USPS personnel says it was delivered to my address. USPS tracking has no information on the package - no information on what type of the package it was, no weight and/or dimension of the package. I did not find any package that might have been with a tracking number associated with it. PayPal wouldn't protect us even though it is now obvious that this seller is a scammer without question. I have completely lost my faith on PayPal that it will protect me from these scammers. Maybe a credit company would be more willing to protect us. I will be looking for a new service provider than PayPal. PayPal is no longer useful for me any more.

Login to Me Too

Britliz9703
Contributor
Contributor
Same type situation here. We were in a hurry when we made our order, and once we had time to slow down, realized it was a mistake. We searched for an item on google, found the cheapest price, and that was it. We couldn’t cancel on PayPal either, but I called my credit card company and had my card number changed and talked to them about the charge. I couldn’t dispute it since it had not cleared yet, but it’s disappeared from my credit card transactions as of 12/5/19. The order was placed on 11/28/19, and I had called my credit card company within the hour it was placed. About 36 hours ago, I received an email from PayPal with a tracking number, and the charge is showing as completed on my PayPal account, so I’m still in a bit of a “wait and see” situation. I just don’t want it showing back up on my credit card statement. The tracking number is invalid. A reddit thread I found said that someone had their PayPal account taken over shortly after their Larrycloth order, so I changed my passwords to PayPal, credit cards, and email, just to be extra cautious. I have also temporarily deleted all forms of payment from my PayPal account until this is resolved. Someone else said they received a tracking number, but the package was being sent to a totally different address.
Login to Me Too

Sassylynzey
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a fishing kayak from larrycloth. The sent a tracking number well last night at 7:11 pm it was delivered. I went to my front door soon as I got the text notification 3 minutes later...no package. I called USPS they said it was delivered to another address in my town. They gave me the address which took me to they very rich neighborhood. I went up to their door knocked they were confused what I was talking bout. I explained that I ordered a gift for Christmas and tracking showed it was delivered to wrong address. I went to post office they’re running a case about it. I have read I’m not the only one that has received a shipping tracking number and package from larrycloth is delivered to wrong address. I ordered it on December 4, 2019 I went back to contact larrycloth the website is down. It was removed. Anybody else having this problem?
Login to Me Too

WilsonFan
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.  Go to your post office and request a printout of the detailed report related to the tracking number.  This report includes the actual address your "package" was delivered to.  Then call or prepare claim with PayPal and include copy of report.  By the way, it's a total scam so the item you purchased was not delivered to the wrong address.  They just sent a first class letter (with nothing in it) to an address with your same zip code.  This is done so that in case PayPal checks, they will automatically deny your claim because general online USPS tracking information just indicates the package was delivered to a place in your zip code - not to your residence.  Quite ingenious but also quite slimy.  

Login to Me Too

tmc22
Contributor
Contributor

This seems to be the best way, to get the detailed printout. Did you have success with paypal?

Login to Me Too

Jeanettecf01
Contributor
Contributor
I placed an order on 2 December and disputing it now even with much evidence from the post office that they gave me a tracking number that was somebody else’s tracking number and was not even the product the camera they want me to Send the package back when I never received a package and PayPal told me to return it I have proof from the post office that I never received a package this is crazy
Login to Me Too

Tblack757
New Community Member
I just went through the same thing with a kayak from them. Tracking number and everything but nothing came. PayPal won’t even let me dispute it cause it has a tracking number
Login to Me Too

Lampwall1
Same thing happened to me I ordered a crossbow for my husband for Christmas when I looked up the tracking number it said it was delivered to a post office box I called my local post office it was delivered to someone in my area but it wasn't addressed to me. PayPal because the seller said it was delivered denied my claim if you ask me there just allowing this person to continue to do this because as long as they say well it was delivered there's nothing we can do.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.