Larry Cloth Scam

Tina102
New Community Member

So I feel incredibly stupid. I fell for a scam.  We are on a very limited budget and my son sent me a link for a camera he wanted from a site called larrycloth.com.  I noticed it looked like a clothing store and not electronics, but it was so reasonable I ordered it.  As soon as I did, I felt sick and started doing some research - it looks like a total scam.  The payment message thing on here said too late its completed - contact seller.  I feel so sick. Its $93 that I don't have to spend again if this is a scam. Anyone else deal with this site?

Login to Me Too
101 REPLIES 101

ah2bahn

>> This happened to me December 7 2019 where I sought to buy a new HD 43” Insignia TV but I found a super deal on a Larry Cloth AD and like a fool I fell for it for $63 and some odd cents. I got no email confirmation or anything and that right away when I knew I was scammed! I contacted PayPal and asked them to stop the payment on it which they said they already had from the previous calls from me but yet the next day Larry Cloth gave PayPal a bogus United States Postal Service tracking #. I thought oh great they shipped it but all they shipped was a small package delivered to an address near me that was not expecting a package which turned out to be empty anyway. I contacted the post office and fraud inspector and they investigated and actually went to the address the package was delivered to. The Postal Service went out of their way and gave me a five page document on all the information and the address the bogus package was delivered to here so they could get PayPal to release the money. PayPal is now asking me to show proof that I was scammed and this took place also through the United States Postal Service which is a federal offense for interstate fraudulent use of USPS. I am contacting PayPal today to ask how I get !the documents to them so I need to get my refund that will make me at least feel better for my embarrassing idiotic mistake

Login to Me Too

Denise7111
Contributor
Contributor
I also fell to this scam. I am filing a complaint to the postal inspector with my information, under cybercrimes and mail fraud. The scammers sent me a tiny package with wax paper, instead of a pole saw and hedge trimmer😡.
Login to Me Too

Tkcalaino
Contributor
Contributor
Don't buy from them, it's a scam. I got scammed, they never sent item.
Login to Me Too

Daniam
New Community Member

I also fell for this website. In my case it was a trumpet. They sent a tracking number. Supposedly they had delivered. When I went to the post office to claim, that number belonged to another package. Which by the way, was an empty envelope delivered to another street in my town. 

Login to Me Too

WacoRed
Contributor
Contributor

Several of the replies from other members are identical to what happened to me on this website.

The seller contact info sent to me useless.  If this lowlife has a Pay Pal acct. they are getting payments sent to, & with this many people having the same problem with them,   then why doesn't Pay Pal shut them down???

They know where they sent the $89 I got burned for so it shouldn't be that difficult to figure out.  I paid with a debit card through a Pay Pal link at the check out page. I guess Pay Pal doesn't care if they are being used to facilitate fraud against their own members.  Won't use them anymore!

Login to Me Too

plaguing
Contributor
Contributor

This exact thing happened to me. PayPal closed the dispute because the "seller" provided a tracking receipt. How do I get my money back? I'm feeling sick.

Login to Me Too

Lmmb-015
Yes, it's a scam! Don't buy anything from larrycloth.com or morclothes.com!
Login to Me Too

Jeanettecf01
Contributor
Contributor
Here’s the thing I don’t feel so bad for falling for the scam well I feel bad about is we got scammed twice from Larry claw and then from PayPal PayPal is well aware of what is going on and yet continues to let it happen and refused to give us our money back it sounds like a class action lawsuit to me I’m going to Aaron Brockovich him a company
Login to Me Too

miket199
Contributor
Contributor
I know what you mean. It's Double Jeopardy being scammed and then learn that Pay Pal is a virtual, and maybe an actual, accomplice. I have proof from the USPS on how the scam works and Pay Pal refuses to even acknowledge that they received it from me. They don't Pay and they're not my Pal!
Login to Me Too

Chadd2
Contributor
Contributor

this scam got me and paypal was absolutely no help. I sent screen shots of fake website sent screen shots of fake delivery notice . All they had to do was look on this community forum and see that almost 80 people were scammed by larrycloth.com. I went to the post office and they showed me internal tracking info . this info reveals that my plasma cutter was .01 ounces delivered to another address in my town with same zip code. Paypal just looked at a tracking number and decided in favor of Chinese scammer 3 times in dispute resolution. what do i have to do to get my money. they are facilitating the scammer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.