Lagos, Ikeja

IkennaGabriel
Contributor
Contributor

Hello people. Please how much do PayPal charge when they want to verify your card? Because I added my card to the platform and $50 was swiped out of my bank account. Not message in my dashboard. No information. Only bank account details with series of numbers and letters as the description. What the hell is going on with Paypal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @IkennaGabriel,

I'm so sorry to hear about the unauthorized activity on your card. If there is a transaction in your card activity for that much and there is no corresponding transaction on your PayPal account, it sounds like someone used your card number to make a fraudulent purchase on another account or as a guest payment. That would mean that your card number has been compromised at some point. Having recently added it to your PayPal account, you may wish to check the security of your internet connection. If someone has compromised your network, that may be the way that the card information was gained by the fraudster.

Please contact PayPal customer service so an investigation can be opened. Please also contact your card issuer to let them know that the card number will have to be closed and a new one reissued.

To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.