LIFETIME Permanently Banned (NO EXPLANATION) (RIDICULOUS)

WhyYouBanME
New Community Member

This is ridiculous, I've been using PayPal for years and now I'm suddenly banned. Today I tried converting my personal account into a business account so I could connect it to receive payments from my Shopify store. I had an issue with PayPal withholding my funds due to the email address on my Shopify store and PayPal being different.  So I changed my primary email address on my PayPal account to the same one as my Shopify store. I got an email saying that the pending Shopify payment would be processed, (I fixed the on hold payment issue with PayPal for my store) All was good, I managed to fix this issue and then I checked my email about an hour later receiving this message: "You can no longer do business with PayPal". It said I was banned, I don't understand what I did wrong. Phoned them and talked to a girl on the phone, she said I have to find a different payment processer to use and that I'm banned for lifetime. No explanation whatsoever, I asked if I could talk to someone high up in management and she said there was none. This is ridiculous, can't even make a new account. My only explanation is I'm a new business and still trying to setup everything, so maybe there's missing information that they need or something there? At least give me a valid reason this is stupid. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WhyYouBanME 

The only thing I can think of is the actions you took...started receiving payments without properly setting up first, sorta flying at the seat of your pants. Shopify has written steps that mention the email address that will be used if you didn’t link your PayPal account, it uses the one you open the Shopify account with if you don’t change it in the store’s settings. So all this might have been avoided. These things occurring to create a domino effect to trigger a review that ultimately determined that you are a risk. Did the "You can no longer do business with PayPal" email say it was because of risk that they ban you? PayPal does you a reason, just not a detailed reason or a reason you are satisfied with.

Their algorithm probably mistaken you as one of those sketchy Shopify store that be scamming buyers. Much of this is simply unintended consequences.

I suggest you use another gateway that Shopify recommends:

https://www.shopify.com/payment-gateways/canada

Shopify Payments is also even available to you. 

Just wait the 180 days for any funds available to withdraw.

Or peruse the information here to deal with this matter:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/code-of-conduct-complaints?locale.x=en_CA

Good luck!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.