LEGITIMATE DISPUTE DENIED DUE TO INEPT RESOLUTION AGENT = I LOST MONEY - ITEM NOT RECEIVED

Akaloa
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased sewing machine on April 28, 2020 and paid via PayPal.  Original complaint due to no order confirmation, status or response from overseas seller.  I finally received a cheap $1.99 piece of junk from the seller using a Chino, California address in a 4 x 6 bubble envelope in my mailbox.  Obviously not my machine.  However, since the seller showed PayPal they had shipped an item to me and it was received, I was told to return the item and I would get my refund.  I purchased USPS postage and tracking and returned the item.  I sent this proof to the Resolution Center, and there is tracking proof that the item I returned was received by the same sender in Chino.  The Resolution agent that handled the case mistakenly assumed the return tracking was the seller's and not mine, and they denied my claim and closed the case.  I have not been able to get anyone at PayPal to review the error made by their agent.  I am still out the money, and there is no one I can call to speak with about this issue.  I have pictures of my receipt from the seller, which clearly shows it is not a "machine", and my USPS tracked return.  What can I do now?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

waterings
New Community Member

I just had the same thing happen.  I ordered a swing set and was sent a cheep pink toy whistle.  They closed my case because the seller in China/California gave the agent a shipping number.  I am so mad that I do not think I will ever use paypal again and will do my best to make sure others do not either.  The agents should take the time to research our claims.  There is no safety in using PayPal.

Login to Me Too

jakegrizzly75
New Community Member

Same thing bought a very expensive doll and got a dog chew toy reported it. Seller offered me less than 10% of the price as a refund. I refused they wanted it returned for a full refund but sent an address that was in Chinese that the post office refused to take so, now I am out a lot of money and all I have is a chew toy and PayPal is basically like "sucks to be you". 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.