Known scam on PayPal

Robynnz1
Contributor
Contributor

Why is PayPal allowing known scammers to take our money? I have recently purchased something that was immediately completed by the seller and not available for me to cancel the transaction. It showed a merchant that I wasn’t familiar with and on searching the PayPal community posts I see that quite a few people are saying it is a scam. Because this has already been posted and presumably drawn to PayPal’s attention why are they not protecting us from ongoing scamming? I particularly used PayPal for the payment thinking it would protect me but see they expect me to deal direct with the scammers first. I bought through Zeaqikstore but the payment went to <removed>. What does the community have to say? And what does PayPal have to say about continuing to allow identified scammers to continue to use their payment service?

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

jeremiede20
New Community Member

Hi,

Did Paypal refund you ?

Login to Me Too

JanDoe
Contributor
Contributor

Robyn, I also found that same email address related to a different website (TPJVZ.SITE) and in trying to find out who they are, your post showed up in my search. From my understanding, many of the chinese websites seem to carry different names with the same contact details behind the 'shopfront', always seems suspect 😕
I want to ask, will you reply/update here if do your receive your items, or can you update also if you actually made contact to query your concern to that email address gennionline and if they replied?
Did you get an email or correspondance to confirm your purchase even?
I hope you haven't been scammed and will receive your purchase soon 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Vanessa1954
New Community Member

Paypal always sides with the seller despite being told that it is a scam being run by the seller.  I would strongly suggest you do what I am about to do and that's to complain to the office that regulates Paypal in your country - here in the UK it is the Financial Services Authority. Paypal know this is happening but they haven't tried to stop it or even help the buyers who have been a victim of scammers despite Paypal claiming they protect the buyer!!

Login to Me Too

mwambao
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, it is happening and PayPal cant protect us. I filled for a dispute from a merchant from China who was selling a portable power station but they sent me a 50 cents worth ring instead. I have filed a claim since July 14 until now pay pal keeps postponing the resolution date 

Login to Me Too

JanDoe
Contributor
Contributor

ah I've seen that said before on Facebook, the con ring thing - someone said it meant the con-shop fulfilled the selling commitment by issuing an 'alternative' item of same value blah blah .. and then you'd have to go to the shipping expense of trying to return it and argue it out, etc. 

It's the whole Internet set-up, there is no policing or governing, no way for the regular person to be able to verify a genuine website. And seeing Paypal name associated with such a website is no guarantee of any quality or integrity (or Facebook name either). Best thing is no matter what is to avoid avoid avoid no matter how good the deal looks 😞 
I hope you get some resolution.

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Don't send the worthless item back, return address is likely bogus anyway. Contact customer service via chat and explain what happened. That seems to be the only way some people are getting refunds.

Most importantly, don't use PP anymore for any reason.

Login to Me Too

anewt225

In the United States it's the FTC: https://www.ftc.gov/complaint

Login to Me Too

Choufouni
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same problem with this same company. They go by Zeaqikstore. I purchased an electric crib for my grandson and they sent me a piece of cloth so they can have a tracking number to show Paypal in case the customer opens a claim.

These companies know how to cheat the system. If Paypal does not do anything about these scammer they will lose a lot of business. I had a similar problem with another company that sent me three small little hammers instead of 3 Thor hammer tool boxes.

For sure you will not catch me bye anything from another company that is not verified in the Us no matter how cheap the item is.

It seams that most these companies are located in Hong Kong.

I tried to leave a review for other people to find online but did not find a place to leave the review so I made a page on one of my websites hoping that buyers will find these review and avoid getting scammed by them.

http://7okc.com/reviews/Zeaqikstore

Login to Me Too

Jonesxd
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me also!

I ordered 2x LED lights for the living room, and received a really cheap green cloth "valued 20$".

I opened a dispute for the item, hoping I can get my money back. 

What did we learn about this?

Never buy from the Instagram ad. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.