Known scam on PayPal

Robynnz1
Contributor
Contributor

Why is PayPal allowing known scammers to take our money? I have recently purchased something that was immediately completed by the seller and not available for me to cancel the transaction. It showed a merchant that I wasn’t familiar with and on searching the PayPal community posts I see that quite a few people are saying it is a scam. Because this has already been posted and presumably drawn to PayPal’s attention why are they not protecting us from ongoing scamming? I particularly used PayPal for the payment thinking it would protect me but see they expect me to deal direct with the scammers first. I bought through Zeaqikstore but the payment went to <removed>. What does the community have to say? And what does PayPal have to say about continuing to allow identified scammers to continue to use their payment service?

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

brspenn
Contributor
Contributor

Haha! This just happened to me as well. Also from an Instagram ad.

I bought a hanging monkey lamp pendant off https://zkvnb.myshoplaza.com/ (which has changed URLs a few times during this experience), and a couple weeks later I got this mannequin (also with the "valued at $20" label) in the mail. Same email address on my receipt: <removed>

Filing a dispute in the Resolution Center. We'll see how it goes.

NOT-Monkey-Lamp.jpg

Login to Me Too

Wendyprnc1
New Community Member

This happened to me today! The website was pkpsp.top. I too ordered a monkey lamp. 

Login to Me Too

Jonesxd
Contributor
Contributor
I sent it back and got full refund, PayPal decided it for my favor. Shipping back cost me 26 dollars, but atleast I get 44 back and zeaqikstore gets nothing. 😂 Make sure you’ll get the shipping tracking code, you need to put it in the dispute when seller asks for item return.
Login to Me Too

Polx6
Contributor
Contributor

Where did you send it too? I opened a dispute and I’ve been told to send it back but they gave me a address all in Chinese. 

Login to Me Too

Jonesxd
Contributor
Contributor

zeaqikstore <removed> Fujian <removed> CN Make sure you get the tracking code!

Login to Me Too

ISeaton435
Contributor
Contributor

Best of Luck getting a refund. They want a return of the item first they send the address through the Paypal dispute portal - you a have a few days to respond or paypal closes the case automatically. You get a quote for the postage back to china and it would cost me £34.00 So you dont send it back and case is closed and the seller keeps your money. This is not the protection I would expect from a seller when these guys are known fraudsters. Be Very Carefull when using paypal you are not as protected as you think. I have now raised a complaint against paypal as these guys are still trading and using paypal. Paypal Protects Scammers it seems!. 

Login to Me Too

1QueenB1
Contributor
Contributor

I just got my scam gift, I paid $84.99 for 3 artist kits. I just got a 10 pack of paint brushes worth about $7 ordered through dba Unilone. It took 3 months arrived today. First time I got scammed and the last time too!

Login to Me Too

Marynewp1
Contributor
Contributor
2 companies got me through lockdown. I purchased hand weights, for $100 they sent me a crummy jump rope and said I couldn’t get any refund bc they showed delivered. Second place I’m fighting with now said package was delivered last week, after over 90 days. Nothing was delivered and said I’d have to check with local post office.
Login to Me Too

1QueenB1
Contributor
Contributor

I found the freight shipping company affiliated with this scammer. Horizon International Cargo the order I got was shipped from Horizon International Cargo Inc
<Removed>
Tel: [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/span>

There are locations worldwide so you can go to the location that is for your country or region. 

They are the freight company for gennionlineservice.

I hope this helps someone. Thanks guys. 

Login to Me Too

Mbad2464
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>is what they go by now i ordered a lamp and got toothbrushes! Since the package was "delivered" paypal did nothing ! Im just out the $$ i dont think ill use paypal anymore after this. They allow fraud ..bait and switch etc. Does seem too secure for the customer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.